Schlage Locks - HomeSeer Notificatino Devices Don't reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schlage Locks - HomeSeer Notificatino Devices Don't reset

I have a number of Schlage locks (BE469) which have a very annoying property in HomeSeer.

As shown in the image below, these locks appear as several different HomeSeer devices, including a Home Security, Power Management Notification, and System Notification.

It appears that once these notifications are generated, they may never reset. For example, as shown below, my locks have several "Unknown" notifications that were generated over a year ago. I would think that the "Reset Application Status" button would reset these, but there doesn't actually seem to be any way to reset them. It makes the interface a bit annoying to look a notifications for problems that appear to have cleared nearly a year ago!

Is there a solution to this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	481
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	1335214

Never mind. I found a solution. I noticed that some "notification" types did have a reset button and figured out that the trick is to add a new "control" value to the device's "Status Graphics" page as shown below which they creates a Reset button on the device.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture-Reset.PNG
Views:	361
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	1335216

Comment

Yeah... sometimes writing the problem here in the forum releases a wave of fresh neurons.

I've had this refreshing experience a few times myself..
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
        Yeah... sometimes writing the problem here in the forum releases a wave of fresh neurons.

I've had this refreshing experience a few times myself..
        Yep. What's bizarre is that sometimes HomeSeer provides these resets for you, other times it doesn't. Some more consistency would be nice!.

Comment

You could also add all such devices to an Easy Trigger group and then create an event to where if any device in the group has a value greater than 0 for X days, then set all devices in group to 0 and only send command if it results in a change to the device.

--Barry

Comment

Originally posted by logman View Post
            You could also add all such devices to an Easy Trigger group and then create an event to where if any device in the group has a value greater than 0 for X days, then set all devices in group to 0 and only send command if it results in a change to the device.

--Barry
            Good suggestion.Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X