Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z-wave device with 0-10V input and 0-3V input in Homeseer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Z-wave device with 0-10V input and 0-3V input in Homeseer

    I am relatively new to Homeseer, and extremely happy with the product. I have previously used several other smarthome solutions, but find Homeseer to be far more advanced than any of them. (Experience: x-comfort with sensio, futurehome (norwegian produkt), homey, Fibaro Home Center Lite, and Fibaro Home Center 2)

    I am trying to automate my home further by bringing in sensor information from 0-10v and 0-3v sensors, and have tried various z-wave devices to read this input. But i am not succeding with this.

    Devices that have been tried are:
    Fibaro RGBW Controller 2 (FGRGBW-442)
    RGBW Controller (FGRGBWM-441)
    Qubino Flush Dimmer 0-10V (ZMNHVD1)
    Qubino Flush RGBW Dimmer (ZMNHWD1)

    All of these are able to read 0-10v (and thus also 0-3v) input, and using other controllers I have verified that I can get the reading, but I am unable to do so in Homeseer.

    Could you please advice me on how to set this up, or if there is another z-wave device (available in european version) that can be used for this?

    I hope someone can give me some advice on this.

    My system is:
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
    Z-wave 3.0.1.262 (I have tried several versions)
    Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5

    #2
    I have seen other reports of these working properly. ferran posted success with one of the Fibaro ones here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...59#post1326559. A screen shot of the root device and all of the children would be helpful. Also, the log output from doing a rescan on the device.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

    Comment


      #3
      Have a look at using a Z-UNO, it should do want you ask.

      Comment


        #4
        Did you ever get the FGRGBW-442 to work? I can't seem to.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by telarc View Post
          Did you ever get the FGRGBW-442 to work? I can't seem to.
          I'd also be interested on seeing if you can get it to work. Or if anyone else can recommend a ZWave or Zigbee Color Led strip controller. Our existing three of our 4, T2 (really thin) florescent under cabinet lights have gone TU and all three take different lengths that are almost impossible to find. As my wife loves the current look and finish of the lamps (I told her you couldn't see them but I guess you can when you sit down ).

          My thought was to get some of these controllers (ZWave or Zigbee) and just run a few power supplies to the 120V that already runs to the cabinets and install some LED strips.

          Before embarking on the project, it would be nice to know that someone has actually done it!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by George View Post

            I'd also be interested on seeing if you can get it to work. Or if anyone else can recommend a ZWave or Zigbee Color Led strip controller. Our existing three of our 4, T2 (really thin) florescent under cabinet lights have gone TU and all three take different lengths that are almost impossible to find. As my wife loves the current look and finish of the lamps (I told her you couldn't see them but I guess you can when you sit down ).

            My thought was to get some of these controllers (ZWave or Zigbee) and just run a few power supplies to the 120V that already runs to the cabinets and install some LED strips.

            Before embarking on the project, it would be nice to know that someone has actually done it!
            I have an older setup for LED strips in my basement using a z-wave light switch to power the lights and an off the shelf solution to change colors/effects which is connected to HomeSeer via one of the plugins from jon00 . I have gone away from this route with other implementations, though.

            Have you looked at a DIY solution? A D1 Mini running WLED and powered by a phone charger can control and run all the LEDs you will likely need and with MQTT you have control via HomeSeer. There is a Dig-Uno version which is prebuilt as well but I do not think you can use the phone charger without cutting and stripping wires. I slapped together the below version using a NodeMCU as opposed to a D1 Mini and use this for LEDs outside during Halloween and Christmas. 3 wires are all you need to connect. I could have soldered them directly to the board, but using what I did, I can easily replace the board if needed. That white wire bundle was an extension cable for connecting to my LEDs. I just cut one end off.

            I have 2 places I will be putting LED strips and will be using the D1 Mini/WLED solution. A small project box is all I need to keep things from being hit, but since this is all low voltage, it isn't needed.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220201_182104821.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	1524573

            Karl S
            HS4Pro on Windows 10
            1070 Devices
            56 Z-Wave Nodes
            104 Events
            HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
            Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by csaether View Post
              I am relatively new to Homeseer, and extremely happy with the product. I have previously used several other smarthome solutions, but find Homeseer to be far more advanced than any of them. (Experience: x-comfort with sensio, futurehome (norwegian produkt), homey, Fibaro Home Center Lite, and Fibaro Home Center 2)

              I am trying to automate my home further by bringing in sensor information from 0-10v and 0-3v sensors, and have tried various z-wave devices to read this input. But i am not succeding with this.

              Devices that have been tried are:
              Fibaro RGBW Controller 2 (FGRGBW-442)
              RGBW Controller (FGRGBWM-441)
              Qubino Flush Dimmer 0-10V (ZMNHVD1)
              Qubino Flush RGBW Dimmer (ZMNHWD1)

              All of these are able to read 0-10v (and thus also 0-3v) input, and using other controllers I have verified that I can get the reading, but I am unable to do so in Homeseer.

              Could you please advice me on how to set this up, or if there is another z-wave device (available in european version) that can be used for this?

              I hope someone can give me some advice on this.

              My system is:
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
              Z-wave 3.0.1.262 (I have tried several versions)
              Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5
              I use a DIY solution. I have some sensors connected to a D1 Mini which has Tasmota flashed on it. I use mcsMQTT to communicate with them. These sensors are Light Level, Temperature, Humidity. I know others have other sensors as well. I have also looked at and am using the MySEnsors project for a couple test units and really like what is possible here. It is NOT, however, as simple for basic setup as Tasmota. MySensors shines on the ability to use battery powered devices, though. There are plenty of example devices which you could set up and use without changing the programming, but it does require a more involved flash of the program to the Arduino board. I considered the HomeSeer plugin for it and have tested it, but will likely finalize on MQTT there as well.
              Karl S
              HS4Pro on Windows 10
              1070 Devices
              56 Z-Wave Nodes
              104 Events
              HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
              Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

              Comment

              Working...
              X