Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeotec dual nano switch error

Hi,
    I just added an Aeotec dual nano switch to my z-wave network. I note the following error in the log;
    Nov-19 09:26:02 Z-Wave Warning If this is an import, you may need to remove and add the device as some devices cannot be added with an import.
    Nov-19 09:26:02 Z-Wave Warning Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME or verify the key from node 67. Device may not be added properly to HomeSeer.
    Nov-19 09:26:02 Z-Wave Error Z-Wave was unable to negotiate a compatible security scheme with node 67
    Anybody any ideas why that might be, and should I be concerned.

I do get that quite often adding devices. Most of the time they work fine anyway, so I ignore it. Sometimes moving the device closer to the controller when including helps.

Comment

Just tried - same! I've emailed aeotec support.

Comment

Try adding the device to HS3 using the non-secure method. The secure options are now well implemented in devices and it creates issues when adding devices.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The Aeotec is a new one with S2 support, and it might be failing on that aspect when it cannot exchange those keys on your controller. You'd have to run the beta Z-Wave plugin for support on S2 -- BETA 3.0.2.261 to be exact.

Or as Rupp suggested, just include it as non-secure.

Comment

Working...
          X