Event triggered without status update on source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event triggered without status update on source

New Homeseer user here, transitioning a Z-wave network over from a Vera device.

I have an event set up to set a GE/Jasco 14292 Switch to ON when motion is detected from a Monoprice/Vision Sec Motion sensor, then after a delay of 30 minutes, Switch OFF. The event works as expected, but there are a few issues with the status of these devices.

First is that the "Last Change" status of the motion sensor is not always updated in the device view. The event occurred at 6:49:26 AM, but the last status update on the motion sensor was 1:24:23 AM.

Second, the switch did go to OFF after the specified 30 minutes, but the device currently shows "Unknown" with a Last Change of 7:19:33 AM, which is the appropriate 30 minute delay. The log indicates it failed to send a command to the Switch device, although it did work.

Any ideas or insight on these issues?

Sounds like your device(s) may be having trouble communicating with your controller. What's the proximity of the light switch to your controller? Do you have other z-wave devices included in the network yet? As you may know, the mesh network will improve as more mains powered devices (repeaters) are added.
    -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by biodtl View Post

Second, the switch did go to OFF after the specified 30 minutes, but the device currently shows "Unknown" with a Last Change of 7:19:33 AM, which is the appropriate 30 minute delay. The log indicates it failed to send a command to the Switch device, although it did work.
      That means that HS did not receive the acknowledgement back from the switch. Likely a routing issue or the z-wave network may have been too busy for the ack to make it through.
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

The switch is around 30 Feet from the Controller (Z-Stick), through a number of drywall walls and a door. I have about 20 devices added to the new network thus far, 7 of which are hard wired and should act as repeaters. The Node information for this switch indicates 2 neighbors, another switch in the same receptacle, and a repeater/outlet that is much further away from the controller.

Now that I dig in a bit deeper, it looks like the Controller itself only has 1 neighbor that is surprisingly far away and actually in a different building. That would seem to be the source of my issues! Thank you for your responses that prompted me to look further into the connectivity of the network. I had made the assumption that since everything was working properly with the old controller, that the network would work in a similar fashion with the new controller and software. I'll try some Optimizations and see if I can move the controller around a bit for better reception.

Comment

Working...
        X