Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Failed node - how can I find out which device belongs to it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed node - how can I find out which device belongs to it ?

I was looking at the Z-Wave thread info, and I did see a few remove failed node2 lines. In the node list, there is no node 2. In the last Zwave backup, I can see there is a Node 2. I restored that backup to the controller, but still no node 2, but I still get the error messages in the Z-wave thread. I deleted node 2 from the backup, and restored that to the controller. No more error messages, but I cannot remember what node 2 was... I have quite a few devices, which makes it a bit trickier to remember. But I do remember the number of nodes on that network (I have 2), and I now have 1 node less. So I have lost a working device (Node 2). But how can I search and find out which device was associated to it ?
    Overall, I have 962 devices so clicking each one to find out is not really an option...

Try showing all devices, including hidden, in the device manager view. Search the page for "-002". The device address should be in the format HomeID-### where ### is the node number in 3 digit format. If you dont have a device address column in device manager there's a setting under Tools > Setup > Custom to expose it.
    -Wade

Comment

That works a treat. I did not fine a node 2 device though. I had a few failed inclusions yesterday. At some point I might notice something missing...

Comment

Working...
      X