Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual channel ledstrips, what device to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual channel ledstrips, what device to use?

My new kitchen comes with a LED strip that can vary color between cold and warm white. The led strip used is a two channel strip (1/2 warm white 1/2 cold white). I am looking to install a Z-wave dimmer to control color temperature and brightness. Can anybody recommend such a device? I did some research but the only devices I can find are targeted at RGBW type led strips and have 4 dimmers instead of two. Anybody aware of 2 channel Z-wave dimmers?

I have Qubino and Fibaro RGBW dimmers and use one,two or four channels based on the type of light strip I have.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
      I have Qubino and Fibaro RGBW dimmers and use one,two or four channels based on the type of light strip I have.
      Thanks! How is the user experience? Can I configure HS3 to use a RGBW dimmer as two separate dimmers? Not sure if there is a color picker but if there is, can it be configured to only show shades of white?

Comment

You'll have to rename any one of the color channels to cool white just so it makes sense. The two unused channels I mark with Floor > unused. Then hide unused. It just makes it easier to manage in HS3. As you can see from the screenshot, you can control each color channel individually so you could light both of them at once.The screenshot is of my
        Qubino but the Fibaro works the same way. The Qubino is slightly smaller in size. Finally note that some of these lights have positive ground instead of negative so you might end up wiring it + to the + from the same screw on the dimmer (Fibaro or Qubino) and - not to ground with the power - but rather to the color channel.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 12-31-19 at 04.47 PM.PNG
Views:	95
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1350903

Comment

Working...
        X