Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inovelli color change and multitap scene?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inovelli color change and multitap scene?

I picked up a few of these inovelli switches and running HS4 beta. Was able to get the switches setup but needed non secure mode (same when testing in HS3). Everything works great except I can't seem to get the multi tap and notification color change as an option. Looks to be very simple to do with Hubitat but no one has info on it with homeseer. I really don't want to add a Hubitat hub to the system just so we can get these notification and taps, but since there's a hubitat plugin for hs4 it might fit.

Just trying to get a simple command so if we tap off 3 times it goes red and shuts off all the lights. Maybe opposite if tap on 3 times.

I wasn't aware of these switches until I read your post, so take these comments for what they're worth.

In general, HST has to explicitly incorporate support for new/different z-wave devices. As I understand it, this is a shortcoming of the z-wave protocol. Generally speaking it seems to take HST a while to make the code changes for a new device/features. (Still waiting for multi-tap support for standard GE/Jasco switches and dimmers that was requested months ago.) Currently the push with HS4 would likely make the wait even longer.

I would have assumed support for this switch isn't done yet, but interestingly, the Inovelli website appears to say the switch's advanced features are supported by Homeseer. The scene control and LED notifications sound analogous to the Homeseer HS-WS200+, so perhaps support for that device also works for the Inovelli switch? Or maybe HST has in fact incorporated support already? Or maybe the Inovelli website is wrong.

If the multi-tap scene control is supported, you should see 3 HS devices like this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	992
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	1364506

And if LED notifications are supported the same as for the HS-WS200+, the device should show up in Z-wave Actions in event creation similar to this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-02-20 080020.jpg
Views:	857
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	1364507

If not, you'll likely have to wait for HST to get around to implementing support.

I hope this helps.
    -Wade

Comment

Thanks this does help a lot. but it looks like there isn't any led actions or anything similar, it looks like the best bet is to use hubitat and the homeseer plugin as Inovelli has that all setup and easy to use. Something with device handler is needed I'm new to Zwave so still learning. I did find out through logging the central scene number for the actions which solves the multi tap issue. Might try to play around with random scene numbers to see if it changes the colors. I'm switching from Insteon switches and these Inovelli seem great so far and the color bar looks really nice.

up press 2000
      up hold 2001
      up 2 times 2003
      up 3 times 2004
      up 4 times 2005
      up 5 times 2006

down press 1000
      down hold 1001
      ​​​​​​​down 2 times 1003
      ​​​​​​​down 3 times 1004
      ​​​​​​​down 4 times 1005
      ​​​​​​​down 5 times 1006

Config button 3000

Comment

justinm001 I too would like to see the full control of Inovelli. I also have the Ilumin bulbs (Inovelli) LZW41 and 42 and they work through the Hubitat PI but not directly in HS. I wonder if Gnant from Inovelli has a solution for HS.

Comment

The LED strip can be controlled using parameters.

I have several LZW31-SN switches and set parameter 16 to a certain value. I use https://nathanfiscus.github.io/inove...fication-calc/ to figure out the right one. For example, 67045889 is flashing red. Setting it to 0 will stop the notification.

You set the parameters in Homeseer using the Z-Wave Actions in events.

Different switches use a different parameter number. The toolbox site will state which parameter to change.

Comment

Thanks The plant! This works perfectly. For the long codes you need to set 4 bytes which took a minute to figure out. Only had a week or two but these lights have all the features i could ask for. The red chase is great for alarm and gets your attention

Comment

I've got these swiitches - indeed, no built in HS support for LED changes yet, though setting the parameters does work. However the Central Scene does indeed work for multi-tap.

My favourite thing wiith these switches is the ability to use a smart bulb, and disable the relay so that the load stays always on. I then use the central scene to trigger the bulb on/off. That way my Hue bulbs always have power to them and can be controlled all the time via HS or Hue app, without worrying about if the switch is powered up....

Paul

Comment

Finally got one wired in. Stoked to have such a nice switch that works without a neutral! I have a couple switches that have had to use those crappy Coopers... and they just suck.

Anyway... are you getting two-way response on/off on the lighting? Dimming works as expected - hold down up/down and it reports level on release. But tap once on or off and no update in HS. I can correct it a bit with the central scene and an event; but wondering if I'm the only one seeing this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by gregoryx View Post
                  Finally got one wired in. Stoked to have such a nice switch that works without a neutral! I have a couple switches that have had to use those crappy Coopers... and they just suck.

Anyway... are you getting two-way response on/off on the lighting? Dimming works as expected - hold down up/down and it reports level on release. But tap once on or off and no update in HS. I can correct it a bit with the central scene and an event; but wondering if I'm the only one seeing this problem.
                  Same issue here.
                  This issue is mentioned here https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...mer-experience and looks like this is a HS3 bug. Also it's mentioned here: https://community.inovelli.com/t/dev...-lzw31-sn/2272 (see the Homeseer 3);

BTW do you have any long delay ~ 2s from the moment you click the dimmer pad till the light starts to turn ON?

Comment

Originally posted by Ionut View Post

BTW do you have any long delay ~ 2s from the moment you click the dimmer pad till the light starts to turn ON?
                    Check out ~4:50 in this video. It discusses adjusting parameters to address this issue, albeit in context of other HA systems.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X65KC3Nf35A
                    -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Ionut View Post
                      I don't think I have a ~2s response delay - because I see the light up the side start immediately - but I don't see the light turn on until it goes on 30% or more. I'll have to check out that video to see if I can send the parameter information to change the ramp-up rate. I'd guess that should fix that issue.

Doesn't fix the on/off 2-way thing. On the plus side, the central scene setup works perfect. Just gotta build it for each switch.

I'll have to play with the settings to see what other options there are...

Comment

I had the same issue with my black series. Though, I never tried it, Eric from Inovelli responded with this note.

Why the bulb does not turn on at lower level%. This is related to how our new generation of dimmers use MOSFET type of dimming. It does require a higher level to turn on some bulbs. It is something we are discussing with the manufacturer, but there is a workaround that might help. The dimmer has a configuration parameter to set the minimum level. I believe this is parameter 5. If you set it to the minimum level that the bulb turns on at (40% in your case I believe) then it should resolve your issue. For a listing of the available parameters here is a link to the manual: https://support.inovelli.com/portal/...1f&inline=true

Robert

HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Thanks for that link, Robert langenet . Speeding up the ramp rate (and decoupling it from the dimming speed) worked super well. There's still a tiny delay when initially turning these on compared to an HS switch; but it's negligible. And they're pretty darn amazing in every other way. I'd buy these over the HS switches from now on (though I still have a handful of HS switches laying around ).

Comment

Originally posted by gregoryx View Post
                            Thanks for that link, Robert langenet . Speeding up the ramp rate (and decoupling it from the dimming speed) worked super well. There's still a tiny delay when initially turning these on compared to an HS switch; but it's negligible. And they're pretty darn amazing in every other way. I'd buy these over the HS switches from now on (though I still have a handful of HS switches laying around ).

I have tried with Ramp Rate =0 and Dimming Speed =1 and there is still a delay. Only with dimming speed set to 0, the delay is minimal but then it’s a switch instead of dimmer.

Did anybody found a solution to get the update in homeseer when tap once ON/OFF the switch itself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Agreed, Ionut , it seems there's still a fraction of a second delay.

I've got the update in HS working fine - though I'm not sure if it works on their Black series.

The fix: make an event triggered by Device Value Set tied to the Central Scene of the switch and Scene 002 pressed 1 Time is ON, Scene 001 pressed 1 Time is OFF.

Again, not sure if it works with Black switches, but it works with Red.

Attached Files
                              Last edited by gregoryx; June 1, 2020, 05:56 PM. Reason: photo posted double...

Comment

Working...
                              X