Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you setup an Aeotec NanoMote Quad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you setup an Aeotec NanoMote Quad?

Hello... this is my first post on HomeSeer's forum...

I've been using HomeSeer to do very basic lighting in my house. I'm not much of a programmer, so I sometimes struggle to understand this system. I bought HomeSeer (years ago) since it interfaced with my X10 system. Now, X10 is outdated and I was hoping to use a simple remote to turn on/off a few lights. I didn't realize how complicated this is (or appears to be). X10 was pretty simple... set a letter and number code, and the remote would turn the light on/off. I have no idea how to setup/program the Aeotec NanoMote Quad that I purchased.

If anyone can help walk me though this setup (system snapshots and instructions), I would GREATLY appreciate it!

I'm using the HomeSeer HomeTroller Zee S2 (HS3).

Thank you!

I got one and just tried to add it to HS3 with ztool. Added OK, shows up in node info OK, but does not show any of the button info. I have minimotes that do work, but so far not the nanomote. All ideas to get it to work much appreciated.

Comment

To put Nanomote in pairing mode for homeseer press any button 3 times rapidly. Light flashes green.

Comment

Well, I really feel like an idiot here.... I (still) have not figured out how to program this minimote. I've searched the forum hoping to see some snap shots of how others have setup their remote buttons, but have not been able to get this to work. I've messed around with building Events, but nothing works. All I want is to press a button to turn on/off a bedroom light (whether it's one button to do both actions, or pressing 2 different buttons). Once I can do this, I can then (most likely) get rid of the final X10 unit in the bedroom. Am still using the X10 unit since I have a remote to control the light.

I'm really hoping someone can show me some step by step instructions/pics for this. I can do very basic lighting events, but that's about it for me. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Comment

This is how I did mine. The Minimote comes up with a weird name, but it works.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hs_remote.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	1453586

Comment

Thank you cyberbillp! I think I've got it working now! Woohoo!

Comment

Working...
            X