zooz zen16 Multi relay odd behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zooz zen16 Multi relay odd behavior

I purchased a couple of zooz zen16 relays, which are suppose to be working properly in hs according to zoozs tech support people. But, the behavior in hs is odd. Click on relay 1, 1 and 3 are activated, click on relay 2, and 2 and three are activated. the second zooz multi relay has similar but different results. Meaning... clicking on different relays results in activation's different from described above. Has anyone had any success with these?

I emailed hs support about 4 days ago but have as yet heard anything from them......

I am having similar, not so good results. The 20 amp circuit shows "on" in HS3, when 1 or 2 is activated, however the circuit is not physically "on" on the relay hardware.

To add to the odd behavior, the main ZEN16 device is interacting with the Sonos plugin. The current image on the Sonos player shows up as a string on the main ZEN16 device. If I "rescan" the device, the string goes away until I start up the Sonos again.

Comment

Originally posted by Memkey View Post
      I am having similar, not so good results. The 20 amp circuit shows "on" in HS3, when 1 or 2 is activated, however the circuit is not physically "on" on the relay hardware.

To add to the odd behavior, the main ZEN16 device is interacting with the Sonos plugin. The current image on the Sonos player shows up as a string on the main ZEN16 device. If I "rescan" the device, the string goes away until I start up the Sonos again.
      I noticed the relays were not physically coming on. I have been using an event to set the "ghost" relay back to the proper status. although I don't think it shows up as ON in Hstouch anyway, just in HS3....crazyyyyyyyyyyyyy hahaha Maybe eventually HS will get it fixed when HS4 is released and out of beta

Comment

I am seeing the same odd behavior in HS4 Beta. I noticed if I poll the device after setting a relay it does clear the false ON indication in the UI.

Comment

Originally posted by Archcantor View Post
          I am seeing the same odd behavior in HS4 Beta. I noticed if I poll the device after setting a relay it does clear the false ON indication in the UI.
          Thanks...I didn't think about polling for the "ghost"

Comment

Using HS4 Beta 4.0.5.0 This Event worked for me. I initially tried IF Switch Becomes Any Value but it caused a storm of repeat polling, Maybe because I have two Z-Net controllers. (Only one is the main SIS.) When I included the ZEN-16 there was a message that more than one Z-Wave controllers may cause problems.

IF Basement Workshop Zooz ZEN-16 Relay Switch Switch 1 changes and becomes On

OR IF Basement Workshop Zooz ZEN-16 Relay Switch Switch 2 changes and becomes On

OR IF Basement Workshop Zooz ZEN-16 Relay Switch Switch 3 changes and becomes On

Then Poll all of the child devices of Basement Workshop Zooz ZEN-16 Relay Switch Switch for status.

Comment

My HS3 Z-Net only found 1 parent device and 1 child relay. I don't know how you all got it to see the 3 relays.
              A computer's attention span is as long
              as it's powercord.

Comment

Originally posted by sdanks View Post
                My HS3 Z-Net only found 1 parent device and 1 child relay. I don't know how you all got it to see the 3 relays.
                you might try excluding and adding it back again. I have 2 of these zen16s and both added with all the devices. you could also try re-scanning it under the zwave settings.

Comment

Interesting. I have tried a couple of times. I will try again.
                  A computer's attention span is as long
                  as it's powercord.

Comment

HS4 did not find all the devices on my ZEN-16 the first time. Excluded and included again and they all came in the second time.

Comment

Hello all,

Has this progressed at all?

I have HS3 with Zen16 and I have a similar issue with sw1 triggering 1&2 in hs software, but not physically.

Defeats the purpose I have for the relay.

Does HS4 software make any difference?

Comment

Hi all,

I have purchased 3 of these relays from amazon and all 3 are behaving more or less that same as everyone else.
                        Contacted last night ZOOZ customer service and they told me following :

"Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, these types of configuration issues have been known to happen with HomeSeer and other multi-channel devices on the platform as well. We reached out to HomeSeer before about this, and they said that the only feature that's not currently supported is reports from the connected wall switch, but other HS users have seen configuration and control issues as well. Unfortunately, HomeSeer informed us they wouldn't be integrating any new products at least until the end of the year so we'll have to wait a while for the product to be fully integrated.

But if you're finding that the relays are linked when activating Relay 1, then we recommend:

- Try including the ZEN16 unsecurely.
                        - Verify if your Z-wave plugin is on the latest possible version.
                        - Try re-scanning the device a few times after it joins the hub.

We found that the above recommendations helped other users configure the device correctly.

Please let me know if any of the above suggestions help! "

Will try their suggestion tonight.

Best Regards
                        Tim

Comment

It would be nice if we get an updated response from Homeseer. I have sent multiple followups to my original ticket and they have stopped responding to me.

Comment

Rupp Rupp could you look into this and give us a response ? Have sent in additional requests and do not get any response.
                            Stuart

Comment

Add one more person to the list experiencing similar issues with the Zooz Zen16. I tried getting this to replace a Fortrezz MIMO that also behaves oddly with Homeseer, now I basically have two paperweights...

Comment

Working...
                              X