Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WD200 Plus Status LED Colors and Dimming

Hi Everyone,

I have completed the installation of 120 or so WD200's in a clients home. I have two things I would appreciate assistance with.

First:

I am experiencing an issue with dimming, when I hold down or up the dimmer paddle, the amount of dimming is not going up or down.

Here is the on function for one of the lights. Does the dimmer's function need to be something other than on? Diagnostics is at the bottom of this post.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snap1.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	1379546

Second:

I want to have it so that all dimmers have the LED colors behave the same way. With one click = white, two click = blue, three click = red, four click = yellow.

Is their an easy way to do this instead of having to do an if statement event for each dimmer's scene? Something like this:

if all dimmers status = scene 0 then set color = white
    or if any device status = scene 02 then set color = blue
    or if any device status = scene 03 then set color = red
    or if any device status = scene 04 then set color = yellow

Thanks in advance for your time and expertise everyone. Please stay safe and healthy.

Gary

Diagnostic Info:

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard - Server
    System Uptime: 2 Days 1 Hour 42 Minutes 0 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.11
    Number of Devices: 319
    Number of Events: 109
    Available Threads: 1022
    HSTouch Enabled: False
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
    1.0.7301.4588: HS-WD200 Idle Light Colors
    0.0.0.48: Pushover 3P
    3.0.2.0: Z-Wave

If the dimmer is not working when you press the paddle up or down it could be a defective dimmer.

Setting the dimmer to on in your event should turn the dimmer on.

In regard to your second question you might take a look at the easy trigger plugin. It will let you make groups of devices that you can control.

Comment

Thanks for the information. The lights turn on without a problem and turn off without an issue.

The problem is that although the LED's show the light is dimming, they are not physically dimming. The electrician that did the wiring had all of the loads go into one two closet locations of the house, and all of the at location (ie hallway dimmers etc) to be wired like a conventional receptacle.

Wired: triggered WD200 dimmer in hallway -> ZWAVE Protcol -> Master WD200 dimmer in closet that is carrying the load.

I am not sure if me having to program them in such a way that the WD200 in the hall talks to the WD200 that is connected to the load has anything to do with it? I would have been happier if the electrician wired the house as a conventional house, but we have to make due with the configuration. The home owner will have to live with a delay as the signal is sent from trigger to master to load.

I will look at the easy trigger plugin. I assume it is under lighting....

Gary

Comment

In this case I would use Z-wave association between the WD200s to fix this issue. This sets up the 2 dimmers to communicate directly with each other so they will still work if the controller is down and gives almost instant status for the LEDes. Search for group 2 association in the forums for detailed info on how to setup group 2 association.

Comment

Ok thanks for your help. I will associate them directly.

Comment

Working...
          X