Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Z-Net, can we update parameters for new Zwave devices programmatically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Z-Net, can we update parameters for new Zwave devices programmatically?

So if a new device comes out that Z-Net does not natively support all the functions of, can we programmatically send and update to one of the parameters? like Parameter 2 update with Decimal 3? (Needed for changing some of the LED settings like color and brightness on Zooz Zen30 for example)
    A computer's attention span is as long
    as it's powercord.

I cannot find it at the moment, but not that long ago someone posted a script to change parameters. Would that help ? I can try to find it

maybe do a serach on the forum

Comment

You can set parameters from the device's z-wave tab.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	102
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	1382839
      -Wade

Comment

yes, you can them as above, you can also set them from events in the Event actions "Z-Wave Actions", and you can also send the parameters via script. I have some scriptwork if you need it. I use them to do things with Inovelli switches, which Homeseer doesn't directly support yet.

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
          yes, you can them as above, you can also set them from events in the Event actions "Z-Wave Actions", and you can also send the parameters via script. I have some scriptwork if you need it. I use them to do things with Inovelli switches, which Homeseer doesn't directly support yet.
          That's what I am looking for. I was trying to figure out how to do this in events. Thanks.
          For anyone else looking for this:

Attached Files
          A computer's attention span is as long
          as it's powercord.

Comment

Working...
          X