Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 Zooz Zen 16 - Only 1 relay shows in devices.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same with the ZEN17 -- have to add it unsecure

Comment

I have the latest version of the Z-Wave plug-in and I don't see a way to select whether to install as secure or unsecure. If anyone knows how to do that, I would certainly appreciate the guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by tslaton View Post
        I have the latest version of the Z-Wave plug-in and I don't see a way to select whether to install as secure or unsecure. If anyone knows how to do that, I would certainly appreciate the guidance.
        Plugins -> Z-wave -> Advanced Functions -> Add Unsecure

Comment

(February 2024) The Zooz ZEN16 Ver 2.0 multi switch is a royal pain to adopt in HomeSeer. It’s a fantastic device, it’s just hard to add into HomeSeer. After 6+ hours of experimentation I found this as a reliable technique to add this device. As others mention, adding it “unsecure” is essential.

I’m using HomeSeer Pro 4.2.19.0, and Z-Wave plug-in 4.1.3.0. The Zooz ZEN16 manual is here: https://www.getzooz.com/zooz-zen16-multirelay/

We first need to get rid of any remaining cruft from previous (failed) inclusion attempts. Make sure any previous inclusion attempts are deleted from HomeSeer. Put the ZEN16 in exclusion mode and exclude it in HomeSeer. Then, also do a ZEN16 factory reset. Manually delete any (orphan/false) HomeSeer “devices” remaining from any previous inclusion attempts. Consider a power off/power on for both the ZEN16 and also HomeSeer (these two power cycles are probably excessive, but it worked for me.)

Then make sure all of your plug-ins are up to date: Go to Plug-ins >> manage and update everything showing an available update.

Then do the actual device inclusion: Go to Plug-ins >> manage >> Z-Wave Plug-in >> More >> Advanced Functions >> Add Unsecure. Add the ZEN16 using HomeSeer from this option. It adds very quickly.

You will get 3 switch devices, as is proper with the ZEN16. Look at the ZEN16 user manual (link is above) for the individual device parameters to customize the ZEN16 for your needs. The HomeSeer Z-Wave Parameters plug-in will allow you easy access for changing/setting each of those ZEN16 parameters using HomeSeer.

Once added into HomeSeer, the Zooz ZEN16 is a great device.

Comment

Originally posted by spintle View Post
            (February 2024) The Zooz ZEN16 Ver 2.0 multi switch is a royal pain to adopt in HomeSeer. It’s a fantastic device, it’s just hard to add into HomeSeer. After 6+ hours of experimentation I found this as a reliable technique to add this device. As others mention, adding it “unsecure” is essential.

I’m using HomeSeer Pro 4.2.19.0, and Z-Wave plug-in 4.1.3.0. The Zooz ZEN16 manual is here: https://www.getzooz.com/zooz-zen16-multirelay/

We first need to get rid of any remaining cruft from previous (failed) inclusion attempts. Make sure any previous inclusion attempts are deleted from HomeSeer. Put the ZEN16 in exclusion mode and exclude it in HomeSeer. Then, also do a ZEN16 factory reset. Manually delete any (orphan/false) HomeSeer “devices” remaining from any previous inclusion attempts. Consider a power off/power on for both the ZEN16 and also HomeSeer (these two power cycles are probably excessive, but it worked for me.)

Then make sure all of your plug-ins are up to date: Go to Plug-ins >> manage and update everything showing an available update.

Then do the actual device inclusion: Go to Plug-ins >> manage >> Z-Wave Plug-in >> More >> Advanced Functions >> Add Unsecure. Add the ZEN16 using HomeSeer from this option. It adds very quickly.

You will get 3 switch devices, as is proper with the ZEN16. Look at the ZEN16 user manual (link is above) for the individual device parameters to customize the ZEN16 for your needs. The HomeSeer Z-Wave Parameters plug-in will allow you easy access for changing/setting each of those ZEN16 parameters using HomeSeer.

Once added into HomeSeer, the Zooz ZEN16 is a great device.
            The Zen 16 has 3 relays AND 3 switches. What shows up are actually the Relays but they're incorrectly labeled Switches. The ACTUAL switches are no where to be found.

Comment

Working...
            X