Trane TZEMT524 thermostat - current temperature doesn;t report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trane TZEMT524 thermostat - current temperature doesn;t report

I have this included into the zWave network and it all is good, EXCEPT the temperature reports as 0. Setpoints, mode, etc all report correctly and can be controlled. I tried deleting it from the network and re-adding it, but the same thing happened. Any reson for this (and/or solution)?

Originally posted by pete@malibubeach.com View Post
    I have this included into the zWave network and it all is good, EXCEPT the temperature reports as 0. Setpoints, mode, etc all report correctly and can be controlled. I tried deleting it from the network and re-adding it, but the same thing happened. Any reson for this (and/or solution)?
    Did you happen to Rescan the device? Zwave has a bad habit of creating a new temp device for Trane thermostats which can disable the old one. You might look for a new one, it will have the same nodeID so you should be able to find it that way.

Z

Comment

After many hours, the temperature appeared (with no action on my part). It said 0 last night when I went to bed, and this morning it was working correctly. I did delete and re-add the device but it still said 0 for several hours after that (and then it was bedtime). I don't know but all is well now.

Comment

Originally posted by pete@malibubeach.com View Post
        After many hours, the temperature appeared (with no action on my part). It said 0 last night when I went to bed, and this morning it was working correctly. I did delete and re-add the device but it still said 0 for several hours after that (and then it was bedtime). I don't know but all is well now.
        That to me suggests an issue either with polling on the part of thermostat, or polling on the part of HS if your thermostat doesn’t send instant status to HS. Check the config for the therm to see if there’s an option to enable/disable instant status (you might not be able to enable it if running it on batteries (some devices do that). Also check on the Z-wave tab for the device to make sure that it in its Associations table it has Homeseer configured for the first one. Alternately you could change the device poling on the HS side to have it poll the thermostat every 10 or 15 min....

Comment

Working...
        X