Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I add associated devices manually? (Energy measuring)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC1
    replied
    The fact you have now attempted multiple Z-wave locks and none of them install properly means that there is something fundamentally wrong with your setup. So removing and re-adding will have no beneficial effect, IMO. You need to make HST Support aware of this so they don't keep going through the motions thinking this is an isolated incident related to just one device.

Leave a comment:

• TexARC
    replied
    At this point I got in from Amazon a second z-wave plus deadbolt lock, and HS4 has the same problem installing it as a fully potent lock (it doesn't). It recognizes it as a zwave device but doesn't bestow the functions of the other Schlage locks I have on HS4. And neither one will actually delete the nodes that it installs. So after multiple attempts, scanning after installation, and then deleting the nodes, I have a number of ghost nodes that theoretically were deleted but in fact were not. I have not bothered to actually install the lock, instead keeping it within a few feet of the ZWave extension from the Homeseer 6 Pro running HS4. It has been about a week since anyone at HS has bothered to respond to my posts asking them for help on my help ticket. They don't seem to care. Click image for larger version

Name:	0124.png
Views:	41
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	1418642

Leave a comment:

• TexARC
    replied
    New lock arrived and exactly the same failed behaviors. I've started a ticket and am very interested to see how HS responds. I might have made one other ticket or two since 2017 when I bought the HS6 Pro/HS3 and such, but I don't recall at this point. I definitely need help on this. Started another one on my camera that Netcam won't recognize, as well. trying a Two-Fer. thanks!

Leave a comment:

• TexARC
    replied
    TC1, thanks. I will definitely do that if the lock arriving tomorrow doesn't behave properly. I've gone back to my log settings, and increased the params so that the events are all conserved for a good while in case it becomes relevant.

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    TexARC I'd open a support a ticket and mark it Major/High-Priority since this affects your locks/security. The Schlage locks are well documented and should add with no problem.

Leave a comment:

• TexARC
    replied
    Interestingly, it appears that using Ztools+ or the latpop to REMOVE the node does not work. I had about 4 or 5 iterations in the Node listing, but only one or two would actually be deleted when I use remove. Click image for larger version

Name:	0099.png
Views:	52
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	1415498Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200830-213225.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	1415499 The rest I had to delete manually: Click image for larger version

Name:	0100.png
Views:	44
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	1415500

Leave a comment:

• TexARC
    replied
    Rats, no joy. same results after rescanning several times, of not much results. It recognizes a zwave device but has no characteristics of the other schlage deadbolts I've added before. I did notice that Ztools+ will report it has been removed, even if I run removal 5 times in a row on it Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200830-211758.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	1415493Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200830-210001.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	1415494 . Here's the latest add and remove messages. The new lock will arrive on Tuesday, hopefully it will be a happier player in the sandbox.

Leave a comment:

• TexARC
    replied
    I did not try the rescan! I'll give it a go right now. I did hold the lock about two feet from the ZWave antenna when I was adding. I tried both the android z+tool and my laptop.

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    TexARC two suggestions:

When adding lock devices, you should have the controller right next to the lock or ensure there are neighbor nodes to the lock that support Z-wave beaming. I purposely have my HS4 instance running on a laptop so that I can carry it to nodes as needed.

After adding the lock, wait a minute or two and simply do a Rescan on the Z-wave tab of the device in HS4. This will re-interrogate the lock and retrieve all the features.

Leave a comment:

• TexARC
    replied
    Originally posted by TC1 View Post

These are fairly new devices on the market, you need to open up a ticket with HST. Even though my Schlage locks have existed for years, the way the device definition is implemented in HS4 was incorrect and incomplete. I supplied the Z-wave documentation on the locks to HST and they agreed it can be fixed/corrected in an upcoming update.
    I have had two Schlage deadbolts for years, purchased at the same time, and decided this last week to add them to the HS4. I had tried with HS3 and they wouldn't be recognized as locks, just nodes. HS4 recognized them both as locks, albeit with different descriptions of the lock. So I ordered another same model, and HS4 refused to add it as a lock. I added and removed it 5 or 7 times and it never recognized it as a LOCK with the features of the previous Schlage walks. This one does have a different firmware, so I'll return it and try another one. Any other users of Schlage encounter this problem and find a workaround? Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200830-123831.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1415478

Leave a comment:

• etobian
    replied
    Originally posted by paul View Post
    Do you get different results if you include it Insecurely?
    What I did was: install the latest beta of the zwave plugin, bring the zwave controller closer with a very long usg cable, try several times to include it (secure and insecure).
    After many unsuccessful and incomplete tries it finally recognized all the elements and generated all the devices.
    It was most definitely not plug-and-play.

Leave a comment:

• paul
    replied
    Do you get different results if you include it Insecurely?

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    Originally posted by etobian View Post
    Everything works, except the energy metering sub-devices were not generated by HS.
    I tried exclude/factoryreset/include several times. They never showed up. All other functions of the switch work as expected.

That's why I'm wondering if there is a why to manually generate those sub-devices on HS.
    These are fairly new devices on the market, you need to open up a ticket with HST. Even though my Schlage locks have existed for years, the way the device definition is implemented in HS4 was incorrect and incomplete. I supplied the Z-wave documentation on the locks to HST and they agreed it can be fixed/corrected in an upcoming update.

Leave a comment:

• etobian
    replied
    Originally posted by AllHailJ View Post
    Not that I know of - Sorry
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• AllHailJ
    replied
    Not that I know of - Sorry

Leave a comment:

Working...