Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I add associated devices manually? (Energy measuring)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I add associated devices manually? (Energy measuring)

I spent a whole day trying to associate an Inovelli Red Dimmer. Must have tried 30 times and got different stages of error or incompleteness.
    Tried Include/exclude/factory reset/secure-non secure/rescan/optimize/audit/ etc...

In the end I was able to include it properly, it controls the light, receives status, and scenes work.

BUT.... the energy measuring associated devices (watts and kwh) never showed up. The inclusion report confirms the node supports these, but the devices were never generated even by the original inclusion or by successive rescans.

Is there a way to generate those manually and connect them to the root device?

Thanks
    Attached Files

I had a similar problem a couple weeks ago. It appears that the device did go to sleep after a certain amount of time. After I kept pressing the inclusion button every few seconds it worked as it probably kept the device awake. You might want to give that a try.

Comment

You could also rescan the device from the main node and see if it picks up the additional child devices.

Comment

Originally posted by AllHailJ View Post
        You could also rescan the device from the main node and see if it picks up the additional child devices.
        I tried again, and got this:
        Aug-24 12:11:25 PM Z-Wave Node: 80 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V3, CONFIGURATION, ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2, TRANSPORT_SERVICE, VERSION, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, METER_V2, SECURITY, SECURITY_2, CENTRAL_SCENE_V2, SUPERVISION, PROTECTION, APPLICATION_STATUS, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD
        Aug-24 12:11:25 PM Z-Wave Warning If this is an import, you may need to remove and add the device as some devices cannot be added with an import.
        Aug-24 12:11:25 PM Z-Wave Warning Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME or verify the key from node 80. Device may not be added properly to HomeSeer.
        Aug-24 12:11:25 PM Z-Wave Error Z-Wave was unable to negotiate a compatible security scheme with node 80

Comment

Any chance the device is bad?

Also on the Red series website they post this. May have already tried but worth asking. The press config button three times is different.

Troubleshooting

If the inclusion does not seem to be working, you may want to try an exclusion first. To exclude the device the steps are the same except where you get to the "Action" input you select "Remove/Exclude a Node". After the exclusion starts press the config button in the upper right hand corner of the switch 3 times. You should see some status text displaying that the process has completed and the LED bar on the device should flash blue. Then you can continue with the inclusion.
          Hope this helps.

Comment

Any chance the device is bad?
            Also on the Red series website they post this. May have already tried but worth asking. The press config button three times is different.
            Everything works, except the energy metering sub-devices were not generated by HS.
            I tried exclude/factoryreset/include several times. They never showed up. All other functions of the switch work as expected.

That's why I'm wondering if there is a why to manually generate those sub-devices on HS.

Comment

Not that I know of - Sorry

Comment

Not that I know of - Sorry
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by etobian View Post
                  Everything works, except the energy metering sub-devices were not generated by HS.
                  I tried exclude/factoryreset/include several times. They never showed up. All other functions of the switch work as expected.

That's why I'm wondering if there is a why to manually generate those sub-devices on HS.
                  These are fairly new devices on the market, you need to open up a ticket with HST. Even though my Schlage locks have existed for years, the way the device definition is implemented in HS4 was incorrect and incomplete. I supplied the Z-wave documentation on the locks to HST and they agreed it can be fixed/corrected in an upcoming update.

Comment

Do you get different results if you include it Insecurely?

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
                      Do you get different results if you include it Insecurely?
                      What I did was: install the latest beta of the zwave plugin, bring the zwave controller closer with a very long usg cable, try several times to include it (secure and insecure).
                      After many unsuccessful and incomplete tries it finally recognized all the elements and generated all the devices.
                      It was most definitely not plug-and-play.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

These are fairly new devices on the market, you need to open up a ticket with HST. Even though my Schlage locks have existed for years, the way the device definition is implemented in HS4 was incorrect and incomplete. I supplied the Z-wave documentation on the locks to HST and they agreed it can be fixed/corrected in an upcoming update.
                        I have had two Schlage deadbolts for years, purchased at the same time, and decided this last week to add them to the HS4. I had tried with HS3 and they wouldn't be recognized as locks, just nodes. HS4 recognized them both as locks, albeit with different descriptions of the lock. So I ordered another same model, and HS4 refused to add it as a lock. I added and removed it 5 or 7 times and it never recognized it as a LOCK with the features of the previous Schlage walks. This one does have a different firmware, so I'll return it and try another one. Any other users of Schlage encounter this problem and find a workaround? Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200830-123831.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	1415478

Comment

TexARC two suggestions:

When adding lock devices, you should have the controller right next to the lock or ensure there are neighbor nodes to the lock that support Z-wave beaming. I purposely have my HS4 instance running on a laptop so that I can carry it to nodes as needed.

After adding the lock, wait a minute or two and simply do a Rescan on the Z-wave tab of the device in HS4. This will re-interrogate the lock and retrieve all the features.

Comment

I did not try the rescan! I'll give it a go right now. I did hold the lock about two feet from the ZWave antenna when I was adding. I tried both the android z+tool and my laptop.

Comment

Rats, no joy. same results after rescanning several times, of not much results. It recognizes a zwave device but has no characteristics of the other schlage deadbolts I've added before. I did notice that Ztools+ will report it has been removed, even if I run removal 5 times in a row on it Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200830-211758.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	1415493Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200830-210001.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	1415494 . Here's the latest add and remove messages. The new lock will arrive on Tuesday, hopefully it will be a happier player in the sandbox.

Comment

Working...
                              X