Please Helpo-Zwave not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Helpo-Zwave not working

HomeSeer Z-Net Network Controller not working. Have this message in zwave setup:

This network has no active interfaces enabled for it, and it has no objects or
    HomeSeer devices tied to it. If this network will not be used again, please
    use the functions at the end to remove this network and all associated
    network data. (Restart the plug-in after removing the interface before
    attempting the removal.)

How can I fix? I had a similar problem with Insteon are couple of weeks ago. Wound up deleting all my devieces and was a mess to fix. DOn't want that to happen here-it would be even worse since I have many more zwave devices and events. Please Help!!

I can ping the controller, so it's connected to the network

Responded to your duplicate message. Posting multiple times doesn't help.

Have you ever backed up the interface, good practice to do so every week or so. If so, just do a restore and it should fix things.

Comment

See if this helps.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...-zwave-network

If not, post more information - what shows on the Z-Wave plugin page, what shows in the log, etc.

Comment

Hi,
        I am having similar issue with the Znet devices. Right now, I have 2 Znets. One on xxx.xxx.xxx.10 and one on xxx.xxx.xxx.11. From the Zwave.ini file, I can see that this configuration thinks my .10 ZNet is on the .11 address. The .11 Znet is working just fine, but the .10 is not connecting. Attached is my DHCP Config showing I am bound on .10 and .11 properly with the HS4 Zwave page showing it is trying to use the .11 address for the .10 Znet. Any recommendations here are appreciated as this happens when there is a power outage.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DHCP Config.png
Views:	109
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	1564354
        Click image for larger version

Name:	HS4.png
Views:	128
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	1564353

Comment

Suggest changing the 'Interface Model' selection from 'HomeSeer Z-NET Ethernet' to 'Ethernet Interface'. This allows you to set a specific IP address. Set 'Port Number' to 2001.

The 'HomeSeer Z-NET Ethernet' model utilizes data fetched from find.homeseer.com to fill the 'Choose Interface' pick list. After a power outage, that data isn't necessarily current, so the address that is selected may not be as expected.

Comment

Update: figured this out. There is an issue with Znets. Restarting it with no network adapter and plugging it in after resolved this issue. Flakey HomeSeer software!

Comment

Working...
            X