Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

added RING gen 2 door sensor - added to HS4 - cant detect sensor open close

added sensor fine. see pic

but when i trigger sensor by pulling magnet away, the HS device doesnt change state.

Help?

You need to create an association for the sensor. Since it is a battery powered device you should do this right after you add the zwave device into homeseer

go to devices
    click on ring notification sensor
    click on Z-wave on the top the screen
    then click manage button
    expand associatons
    association group 1 device to be controlled HomeSeer(ID:1)

once there is an association the sensor should now work.

Comment

please send screen shots?

???? association group 1 device to be controlled HomeSeer(ID:1)

Comment

still no action in HS device when I pull magnet away from sensor. see 3 pics.

Comment

I find that it is tricky to get these sensors working. you have to create an association immediately after inclusion otherwise they go unresponsive. I would delete the current ring contact sensor in homeseer and reset the device to factory by opening the cover and inserting a pin into the pinhole and wait until the circular led flashed from green to red then put the cover back on.
          How to factory reset your Ring Contact Sensor (2nd generation)?
          https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042311972

then start the process of including the sensor you just do a normal include you don't have to do non secure just the normal include mode.
          once you start the include on the homeseer zwave stick. press the ring button/Led for 3 seconds starts the ring motion sensor into include mode. the include process should start.
          once completed click close and quickly goto to the added sensor node in devices then mange the zwave section and expand associations. make sure association group is group 1 and device to be controlled Homeseer. then click the Add Associations button. you should see a message indicating Result: Association set successfully at the top of the screen.

The device should then report under home security when ever the sensors triggers. either a no event(0) or Intrusion Unknown Location (2) you have to manually add status graphics.

The battery indicator will update eventually. The poll interval is 12 hours.

Ring V2 motion detector install is similar in steps.

Also note in adding additional ring sensors the new device may already report an existing association to group 1 homeseer but you need to make sure the association group is group 1 and device to be controlled Homeseer. then click the Add Associations button or the device will not work properly.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ring contact sensor v2 add assocation.PNG Views:	0 Size:	295.3 KB ID:	1467493

Comment

Cool.

Also note in adding additional ring sensors the new device may already report an existing association to group 1 homeseer but you need to make sure the association group is group 1 and device to be controlled Homeseer. then click the Add Associations button or the device will not work properly.

That fixed it!

Comment

I've tried adding the sensor several times now and it successfully adds most times, but I still can't get it to work. I've managed to create the association quickly a couple times and have it give me a success message, but still no response from the sensor for open/close events. It seems like the process of adding this sensor has been updated as well, because it creates the association during the add process.

UPDATE: figured it out - I was using the new z-wave S2 beta (which can successfully add it using s2 authenticated), which causes it to not work when adding it securely. If you add it as an "unsecure node", then it works!

Comment

I can't get my second ring contact sensor to work.

First one:
                Add unsecure node
                Once adopted quickly update association to group 1 homeseer before the flashing stops on the sensor

Second one I've tried doing the above, deleting the existing grouping then adding, but still no sensor contact. Is there any other hints others have connecting a second device. (I always factory reset before retrying), i've gone through 8 nodes retrying
                Last edited by scotters12; January 11, 2022, 10:16 PM. Reason: yolo

Comment

Are you running the Z-Wave plugin 3.0.9.0 ?

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                    Are you running the Z-Wave plugin 3.0.9.0 ?
                    Yes sir, with the legacy device config page on.

Comment

I'm in the same boat and I cannot figure out how to create an association for a device.

Comment

If associated w/ HS, I presume the sensors will report to both Ring and HS? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X