Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated to 3.0.7.0 and now..."INFO: Plugin start is pending"

Hi,

As the title suggested, I just updated my z-wave plugin to 3.0.7.0 (to get ready for the new Z-Wave UI Plugin). And now the plugin refuses to start. Instead it just says "INFO: Plugin start is pending".

The log has no errors. In fact it states it loaded and initialized just fine.

I am running HS4 Standard (latest version) on a Raspberry Pi.

What other info can I give you to help?

Hello,

I apologize about the issues you are experiencing. We actually found an HS4 Linux bug that has never surfaced until now.

To fix your current install, you will need to reinstall the Z-Wave Core plugin from within the Legacy section. It is at the bottom of the updater. Make sure to refresh your updater before proceeding. Once that install finishes, you will need to disable and re-enable your Z-Wave Core plugin. See here for updated instructions: https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...+Z-Wave+Plugin

~Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jseer View Post
      Hello,

I apologize about the issues you are experiencing. We actually found an HS4 Linux bug that has never surfaced until now.

To fix your current install, you will need to reinstall the Z-Wave Core plugin from within the Legacy section. It is at the bottom of the updater. Make sure to refresh your updater before proceeding. Once that install finishes, you will need to disable and re-enable your Z-Wave Core plugin. See here for updated instructions: https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...+Z-Wave+Plugin

~Jon
      Are there any details on how to properly uninstall a plugin completely? I got it working, but only by deleting the Z-wave folder in my bin folder and replacing it with a backup of an older copy I had. But it still reads as 3.0.7.0 despite not being. Would be nice to fully remove the plugin and start over.

Comment

Originally posted by Nataku View Post

Are there any details on how to properly uninstall a plugin completely? I got it working, but only by deleting the Z-wave folder in my bin folder and replacing it with a backup of an older copy I had. But it still reads as 3.0.7.0 despite not being. Would be nice to fully remove the plugin and start over.
        It reads the version number from the plugin itself ... so that's what version you have installed.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post

It reads the version number from the plugin itself ... so that's what version you have installed.
          I deleted the bin folder for that plugin, and replaced with an older version I have archived. So it thinks it's that version, but it's only kinda/sorta that version.

unless I'm misunderstanding and that Z-Wave folder in the bin folder is unrelated to anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Nataku View Post

I deleted the bin folder for that plugin, and replaced with an older version I have archived. So it thinks it's that version, but it's only kinda/sorta that version.

unless I'm misunderstanding and that Z-Wave folder in the bin folder is unrelated to anything.
            The plugin executable is in the root folder, named HSPI_ZWave.exe

Comment

DNS failure can also cause plugins not to start, esp those with licenses.
              M

Comment

Working...
              X