Switch Button seems to be a pain

have relay turned off

Parameter 6 = 3 (red),19 = 0, 20= 0, 22=1,

have associations in HomeSeer
    Associations = Groups 1,2,4,6,8,10
    Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
      Two pages of discussion over the course of a year to get this product to do something that an Insteon keypad will do out of the box (and yes you can now buy Insteon keypads again). I don't understand why Z-Wave is so reluctant to create a class of keypad devices where the buttons are individual child devices that can be associated with other switches in a group such that they stay in sync, the LEDs stay in sync, and dimming functions are supported. Scene controllers are fine but I use keypad buttons as virtual 3 and 4 way switches about 10 times more often than I do as scene controllers.
      yeah, well, sorta.. did a google on it.. CLOSED, NOT CLOSED, COMING BACK, NOT ......
      I"ll try and work the newer units out, but thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by MitchInTexas View Post

You reckon you could resurrect the link to the article detailing this 'breakout box'? I have some ideas, but I'd like to see what others have done...
        old time hardware engineer, prototypes my specialty Click image for larger version

Name:	test.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	218.3 KB
ID:	1576712

Comment

I have the Zen32 installed and running the latest firmware (10.30). However, either it is not sending info about the scene changes or HS4 is ignoring them. I have other Zooz controllers and understand how to trigger events when a scene is set (scene 001 is pressed 1 time). I can't get any event to trigger for any of the scenes on the ZEN32. There's nothing in the log to indicate any of the scene buttons were pressed. The light connected to the load works just fine. The "central scene" is there and appears to be set correctly with all of the graphics and values. I just don't ever see the scenes get triggered. Here's an example of the event. I've pressed every button and the event never fires. Any ideas on how to get HS4 to "see" the ZEN32 scene changes?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	288
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	1590736

Comment

The key is nothing in the log.... sounds like the device is hung up or there is no connection. Can you test connectivity from HS? and power cycle it?

Comment

The ZEN32 appears to set up like any other device. I am able to test connectivity (and was able to update the firmware). I'm not sure how to power cycle the ZEN32 other than turn off the breaker. I will give that a try.

Note: I did do a rescan of the device and pasted images of the results below.

Views:	219
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	1591113

Views:	221
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	1591117

Views:	220
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	1591114

Views:	232
Size:	198.3 KB
ID:	1591115​​​

Views:	245
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	1591112

Views:	223
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	1591118
              Attached Files

Comment

Solved! It appears the re-scan resolved the problem. I think that a re-scan is required after updating the firmware. I don't think I did that previously. Everything appears to be working as expected now. Thanks for the assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMiller View Post
                  Solved! It appears the re-scan resolved the problem. I think that a re-scan is required after updating the firmware. I don't think I did that previously. Everything appears to be working as expected now. Thanks for the assistance.
                  Thanks ChrisMiller for providing an update. Many folks come here looking for answers but never follow up when they solve the problem. Much appreciated.
                  "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

I just installed a ZEN32, the local light works, I was able to control it from HS, and I was able to create events in HS to manipulate the individual leds, but homeseer (HS3) would not recognize any button presses from the device until I RESCAN'd it. Thanks for that info! Still working on setting it up, but looks much better now. I never updated the firmware. I'm using a zStick S2.

Comment

Working...
                    X