No announcement yet.

All Zwave+ 100kbps devices, but some "Last Working Route" show 40k and 9.6k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well crap, after a couple days there are 40k and 9.6k routes showing up again. So confused...

they all showed 100k routes before

If it was one specific device messing things up I could just remove and readd. But I have no way of knowing

I don't have a huge house and I can't see anything causing interference. I have RF garage doors and I have a Broadlink RM Pro+ that does RF and those are the only thing I can think of that "could" cause interference, but it it used maybe once a day, should not be sending RF all the time

I am doing a full optimizing now because I can't think of anything else. I know i shouldnt have to, but I am at a loss

Everything works, the last known routes just dont make sense

edit: my next guess is that my RPi 4 is causing interference. I am using a long extension cord for my Zigbee Conbee 2, but only a short one for the Zwave stick. Going to try with an extra long usb extension

Comment

Just an FYI, none of the devices you mentioned are near the Z-wave radio frequency spectrum of 908 Mhz, so at first glance they shouldn't be an issue, but hey, anything is possible in a given environment under certain circumstances. I've heard of folks having problems with their Z-wave network because their controller was too close to a microwave oven.

Comment

Another tip, if you are licensed for HS3/4 Pro then you have a license for Z-Seer which can greatly help when visualizing and troubleshooting the Z-wave network. Not sure though if it will run on a RPi (it's a windows application).

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
          Just an FYI, none of the devices you mentioned are near the Z-wave radio frequency spectrum of 908 Mhz, so at first glance they shouldn't be an issue, but hey, anything is possible in a given environment under certain circumstances. I've heard of folks having problems with their Z-wave network because their controller was too close to a microwave oven.
          Ya I didn't think RF would interfere either being different frequency. For sure microwaves mess with 2.4ghz. I had a google home on my 2.4ghz in the kitchen and it stopped working when microwave was on. Switching to 5ghz fixed that

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
          Another tip, if you are licensed for HS3/4 Pro then you have a license for Z-Seer which can greatly help when visualizing and troubleshooting the Z-wave network. Not sure though if it will run on a RPi (it's a windows application).
          Ya I only have Standard HS4. I tried the Zseer trial and it only allows for 4 nodes. Pretty useless as a trial but I'd imagine people wouldn't buy if it fully worked. You can run z-seer from Windows and connect remotely to the RPi HS4 instance

I am pretty convinced now that the RPi is causing interference of some kind. After using a longer USB extension I am back to all 100k routes and I am seeing many more Direct(100k) routes

What didn't make sense is that (Example) Last Working Route: 76->86 (40K) but both 76 and 86 had Last Working Routes of 100K. Even after controlling and reloading the node-information page. The exact same device type (WD200+ or WS200+) right next to each other one would show a 100k route, the other a 40k route

thanks for the comments though. Hopefully the USB extension has dealt with these Z-wave ghosts and goblins

Comment

I have my doubts on the accuracy of the "Last Working routes" in HS. Your situation kind of prodded me into investigating my own network, which I haven't lately because everything is running smoothly. According to the Z-wave Node info, I have some LWRs marked as unknown which I know is BS since the devices work fine.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Comment

Working...
            X