Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corrupt database

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Corrupt database

    I have a Fibaro z-wave plus dimmer that works fine except that it can't be found in the z-wave database. The error is an empty root object so as instructed I reset the z-wave config. at that point, the menu becomes visible but I can't do anything since it goes back to the same warning.

    Unfortunately, this device is hidden behind a light in the eaves of the house. I can get to it if I NEED to, but do I need to for some reason? I can also shut the breaker if need be.

    Using "Node Information" the device does not appear in the list of devices, but it works. As seen in the screenshot I also see a warning that the device needs to be woken up, but it is powered by mains so it's awake for sure. Rescan does not repair anything.

    I'm open to suggestions to get this back showing as it should.


    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 12-10-21 at 04.39 PM.PNG
Views:	187
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	1513409Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 12-10-21 at 04.41 PM.PNG
Views:	233
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	1513408

    #2
    I would try tripping the breaker, wait a minute and turn back on. Outside of that, I think you may need to exclude it and re-include it back in. You'll also see if the device itself is defective if it still wont include back in.
    RJ_Make On YouTube

    Comment


      #3
      Thanks, I just found another device with the same situation. It works but is missing in the z-wave node info. At least this one is an Aeotec outlet that is accessible. I'll report back.

      Comment


        #4
        Well, unplugging the Aeotec outlet and plugging it back in solved the problem. However, the Fibaro did not change after flipping the breaker. I'll have to climb up there and try exclude/include. Thanks for the pointers.

        BTW, I have at least two more devices with the same issue. This is going to become a project.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by racerfern View Post
          Well, unplugging the Aeotec outlet and plugging it back in solved the problem. However, the Fibaro did not change after flipping the breaker. I'll have to climb up there and try exclude/include. Thanks for the pointers.

          BTW, I have at least two more devices with the same issue. This is going to become a project.
          I've noticed, once a device pisses off the network (perhaps caused by that HS switch going bad), all kind of strange things start to happen. If it is a device, hopefully you find it or it can become a project.
          RJ_Make On YouTube

          Comment


            #6
            I don't think it was the device failing, I think this usually happens when there's a power failure. Unfortunately, I have yet to find a reliable UPS. Plus, I have to manage the devices that feed off the UPS otherwise I would have to spend a fortune to get one with a large enough capacity.

            My "controls" cabinet has a raspbee pi, z-net, a mini PC for HS, another for Blue Iris, and two NVRs for cameras. I need to simplify. At least the newest cameras are Eufy battery operated so just the base needs to be powered. This is a project no matter which end I start with.


            Comment

            Working...
            X