Reconnect Z-Wave Schlage Door Lock after Factory Reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reconnect Z-Wave Schlage Door Lock after Factory Reset

I have my front door lock integrated into my Homeseer events, but the battery died and replacing them did not allow the lock to continue where it left off. I had to do a factory reset. I re-added the lock but it created a new HS device. Is there a way to get the same Z-Wave lock to be attached to that lock's old HS devices?

If there is, I presume I have to delete the new node it created. I'd rather not have to rewrite every event and status report to the new devices.

I haven't done this myself especially not with a secure device but if you go to the zwave tab there is an option to replace a device.

Comment

I just recently had to do this and the replace device didn't work for me so I edited my events selecting the proper new device.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

That is what I have done, i.e. delete the old device, reset the actual device and then enroll it again. You have to redo the events but that seems easier then the replacement thingy (did it once and somehow I didn't get it to work but that was for a 3-way switch)

Comment

I didn't have to redo my events, only reselect the lock device.

Comment

Yes, correct, the event is still there but you have to select the new device and in some cases the status you want to check for that device.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
              Yes, correct, the event is still there but you have to select the new device and in some cases the status you want to check for that device.
              Yep, that's all I did to get this working again.

Comment

Working...
              X