Cannot Add Doorlock Users after first add.... No more user codes, max is -1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Add Doorlock Users after first add.... No more user codes, max is -1

Brand new pairing, new node number for lock... used HS3 Zwave Door Lock Management menu -> added a new User... this worked... BUT, any additional tried to add any new user fails with the error "No more user codes, max is -1"

details...
    I've been struggling with this for a week. This doorlock (I have two Schlage BE469 Zwave Plus) worked perfectly on HS3 for 2 years. A week ago it stopped accepting unlock codes, but remote zwave control (lock/unlock) worked fine.
    So... I factory reset the lock and manually tested codes : built-in and added new directly on the lock itself... this worked fine
    So... I factory reset it again and paired it to HS3. I'm on my 5th pairing : first few tries were to 'replace node' (same node number); last 2 tries I unpaired (using HS3 zwave PI), then did new pairing (created new, different node numbers)

No errors or warnings during the pairing (I saved the text in case we need it)
    tried Zwave PI 3.0.10.0 ... and 11.0 beta

Any ideas? TIA!!!

I setup a new Schlage lock today and had the exact same problem.

I excluded the lock from the network, moved the zwave controller closer to the lock, and re-added the lock to the network - works fine now.

Comment

Originally posted by dlodge View Post
      I setup a new Schlage lock today and had the exact same problem.

I excluded the lock from the network, moved the zwave controller closer to the lock, and re-added the lock to the network - works fine now.
      I'm guessing there must be a more practical way to pair and update the lock than moving the zwave controller. Moving the controller is probably not an option for most people. Plus, if you have more than one lock and they are in opposite directions, then you are screwed.

What about trying to add another one or two zwave device that can act as hops then try to fully optimize the network?

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post

I'm guessing there must be a more practical way to pair and update the lock than moving the zwave controller. Moving the controller is probably not an option for most people. Plus, if you have more than one lock and they are in opposite directions, then you are screwed.

What about trying to add another one or two zwave device that can act as hops then try to fully optimize the network?
        Depends on your setup but when adding devices they typically need to be close to get a "clean" enrollment. I personally use a 50 foot powered USB extension code with my SmartStick. A Z-Net can be moved using a long network cable. A HT Pi can be moved if it has WIFI. Adding a couple of devices will not do a lot of good for enrollment but should help for communications once the device is in the Z-Wave network.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Depends on your setup but when adding devices they typically need to be close to get a "clean" enrollment. I personally use a 50 foot powered USB extension code with my SmartStick. A Z-Net can be moved using a long network cable. A HT Pi can be moved if it has WIFI. Adding a couple of devices will not do a lot of good for enrollment but should help for communications once the device is in the Z-Wave network.
          I think in LTeK's situation, the lock is already paired but is having issues updating. If that is the case, a repeater or two might be a viable solution. I never considered using a powered USB extension cord. Really like that idea! The prices are not all that expensive. ($20 to $60) Considering the time I've spent trying to setup some remote devices, it would pay for itself in one setup.

Rupp, do you do a hot swap when you use the cable or power down the system? I guess I could leave it plugged into the cable, but that would make it a bit messy in my closet. Since it is USB it seems like I should be able to unplug the SmartStick, then plug it into the cable which is already added to a spare USB slot. But it seems like that might cause some errors if some zwave devices are trying to do something and the stick is missing during that short time frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
            Rupp, do you do a hot swap when you use the cable or power down the system? I guess I could leave it plugged into the cable, but that would make it a bit messy in my closet. Since it is USB it seems like I should be able to unplug the SmartStick, then plug it into the cable which is already added to a spare USB slot. But it seems like that might cause some errors if some zwave devices are trying to do something and the stick is missing during that short time frame.
            I shut down HS4, plugin the USB extension cable into the same port the SmartStick was plugged into and then plug the SmartStick into the end of the cable. Then restart HS4 and add devices.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
            X