Z-Wave lights keeps turning on randomly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave lights keeps turning on randomly

I'm losing my patients with this z-wave stuff now. Change controller and now on a z-stick 7. Just randomly turns on/off. Mainly in evening for some reason. If it does turn on, it's not by HS4 has nothing is appearing in log?? HS4 is only associated device.

Anyone give an idea to look for before I bin the lot !!

HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.13.0 (windows) & Z-Wave 3.0.10.0

The title says "Z-Wave lights..." does that mean more than one z-wave device is turning on randomly??
    When you say Z-wave lights, do you mean dumb bulbs controlled by a z-wave switch or dimmer, or do you mean z-wave smart bulbs??

Comment

Do you use Alexa for voice commands? I accidentally activated the away mode, I think they call it guard, in the Alexa app (it can also be activated by voice)
      When Alexa is in Away mode it randomly turns lights on and off.
      Dan-O
      HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
        The title says "Z-Wave lights..." does that mean more than one z-wave device is turning on randomly??
        When you say Z-wave lights, do you mean dumb bulbs controlled by a z-wave switch or dimmer, or do you mean z-wave smart bulbs??
        Z-wave relays units and sockets. All my lighting is on zigbee which is stable. Disabled the obvious with 'All on' etc. Have no other associations except HS. Nothing appears in the HS logs that the device turned on/off.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O View Post
          Do you use Alexa for voice commands? I accidentally activated the away mode, I think they call it guard, in the Alexa app (it can also be activated by voice)
          When Alexa is in Away mode it randomly turns lights on and off.
          Z-wave is via HS. No logs in HS to say it switched on. Dont use Alexa guard.

Comment

If I'm understanding your post correctly, you're saying a Z-Wave socket or plug is doing the phantom commands? Is it the same device each time?
            I have a couple that have have internal software that has a timer that can turn a device on or off internally using the parameter settings - one of them is a Zooz.

I too don't use Alexa Guard, it was accidentally activated. Are you saying you don't use Alexa at all?
            Dan-O
            HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O View Post
              If I'm understanding your post correctly, you're saying a Z-Wave socket or plug is doing the phantom commands? Is it the same device each time?
              I have a couple that have have internal software that has a timer that can turn a device on or off internally using the parameter settings - one of them is a Zooz.

I too don't use Alexa Guard, it was accidentally activated. Are you saying you don't use Alexa at all?
              Mine are mainly Fibaro modules or TKB/Popp sockets. I only use Alexa via HS4. So if I do voice command, it's shows up in log. Im concerned how devices are switching on/off outside HS4. One thing, I think im noticing is, when I check the Z-wave associations, only HS4 controller is listed in any of the groups. I've delete them all and the problem seems to go away. However, after a few weeks the same happens again. I do the same re-association and same repeats. Same if I 'replace node'.
              It seems something is re-associating the devices and it's not showing up. I've done a complete controller reset and re-added devices.. few weeks, it starts again. I've just lost trust in this Z-wave.

I also have zigbee (deCONZ) network and that works flawlessly.

Comment

If you can stomach it, I would disable your HS Z-Wave interface completely and see if it still happening.

Homeseer would always log any Z-wave actions so it could be something external which is causing the triggering.

Never seen that here BTW.
                Jon

Comment

Working...
                X