Can't add Z-Wave devices to HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't add Z-Wave devices to HS4

When i try to include any Z-Wave device to HS4 the inclusion sequence starts but then stops before I set the device to inclusion mode (and 3 seconds later) says "Include process FAILED for an unknown reason. Please try again". I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Z-Wave plug-in but no change. Tried adding without S2 security, still doing the same. I used to have the plug-in and it worked fine, now trying to use it again and having trouble.

I have had this happen as well. Usually a reboot of the machine hosting the HS4 software as well as unplugging the network cable and power from the ZNET for a few seconds...(if you use that) seems to cure the problem.

Comment

Thanks for the advice stubble36, I tried but unfortunately it is still not going into inclusion mode but for a few seconds.

Comment

A few questions:

1) What sort of hub are you using?
        2) What sort of device are you trying to include?
        3) How far apart are the hub and the device?
        4) What powers the device? If battery, are they fresh and quality?
        5) If you go: Plugins>Z-Wave>Controller Management... do you have a green check mark next to the Z-Wave Interface Name?
        HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
        Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
        Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
        WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
        AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.174,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.0,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.50.128.5,JowiHue 4.1.3.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.25.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.0.3

Comment

Hi KiloSeer, thanks for the reply.

1) What sort of hub are you using? HS4 on Windows 10 computer with Nortek HUSBZB-1.

2) What sort of device are you trying to include? Many (smoke alarm, leviton plug lamp modules etc.). But it's not the devices I'm having trouble with it's the plugin itself, before I get to include a device the plugin stops the inclusion process and says "Include process FAILED for an unknown reason". I have tried putting the device into inclusion mode first and then put the plugin in inclusion searching mode and the other way around with no sucess. I've tried uninstalling the controller and reinstalling with the controller plugged into the USB port and without and then plugging it in. Restarting HS4 and rebooting the PC to no avail.

3) How far apart are the hub and the device? Less than 2 feet.

4) What powers the device? If battery, are they fresh and quality? Some are battery (fresh) and some are plug in.

5) If you go: Plugins>Z-Wave>Controller Management... do you have a green check mark next to the Z-Wave Interface Name? The Nortek Controller status says "Enabled"‚Äč

Comment

I failed to ask the most important question: "Has this ever worked and if so, what changed immediately before it broke?"

If it has never worked, I would suggest browsing this link. It doesn't apply to Z-Wave, but it suggests to me that you may need to insure that the proper drivers are installed for that stick.

Otherwise, I think you just blew through my level of expertise with this issue and my next suggestion would be to drop a ticket with HST.
            HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
            Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
            Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
            WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
            AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.174,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.0,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.50.128.5,JowiHue 4.1.3.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.25.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.0.3

Comment

Hi ewkearns,

I had the interface working months ago but I started over with a fresh HS4 about a month ago and I'm just installing the Z-Wave devices now, so in a way this is the first time i'm installing.

Thanks for the driver advice, I went through that as well and all is installed correctly.

Thanks for helping you gave me more food for thought. I think I will submit a ticket.

Sincerely,
              mikecoll

Comment

Working...
              X