No announcement yet.

Problems polling Leviton ViziaRF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have added the contents of an email from Rick for others that may be experiencing this ongoing issue:

Rick Tinker has responded to your HomeSeer help desk request:
    Brian,
    I can't think of anything that might be causing the send errors that appear in the log. You provided so much detail, that I am left with nothing to chase down, so I suspect it must only be an RF issue, that is not easy to find because it is not anything obvious.
    If this is still happening even with a more recent version of HomeSeer, then there is not much more we can do with the resources we have available to each of us - here is why: If it is an RF problem, that there is just no route to some devices when certain conditions are present (e.g. people or things people carry) then the only way to fix that is to get more Z-Wave nodes in the network - that costs you money, although given that you have Leviton devices which are primarily 9600 baud devices, you could buy cheap Intermatic close-out modules and they would work as routers for the network. The other way to figure out what is going on is to use a Zensys tool called ZNiffer, which requires some fairly technical knowledge of Z-Wave, a controller with a special version of firmware, and a Zensys software package - all things that a professional installer would have, but not that we or Leviton could provide you.
    So, I am not sure what to tell you! You (I believe) mentioned that the errors were not affecting anything, that they were perhaps tied to polling or something else going on in the background, but confirm that for me and that you are still having this problem and I can see if anything comes to mind later.

Comment

Putting a ZWave wall switch on a GFCI circuit??

I have an outside post light on a circuit with a GFCI outlet, and I want to control the light with a ZWave switch. When I replace the standard switch with the GE/Jasco switch, it immediately trips the GFCI circuit. Everything is wired up properly.

When I put the regular switch back in, everything works again.

Is it possibly to control such a circuit with ZWave? Do I need a special kind of wall switch?

(As an aside, I tried an Insteon switch and had the same issue of immediately tripping the circuit.)

Thanks
      Arthur

Comment

What is the part number of the GE/Jasco switch you are testing the 45609 Relay switch should work

Comment

Originally posted by kaldoon View Post
          What is the part number of the GE/Jasco switch you are testing the 45609 Relay switch should work
          On the box: Model 45609WB
          On the swithc: GE Relay Switch Model: ZW4001

Sounds like I need to also try a new GFCI plug. Will buy one of those today to remove that as a variable.

Comment

Picked up a new GFCI outlet, and installed that. Tested the wiring...all correct. Swapped out the regular/dumb wall switch with the ZWave one. Turned the breaker back on and the GFCI outlet immediately trips.

?

Comment

The switch you are trying to use needs 4 wires connected to it. Check that you are not basing you choice of connection by the existing wire color - i.e. neutral, line, load are indeed what you think they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                The switch you are trying to use needs 4 wires connected to it. Check that you are not basing you choice of connection by the existing wire color - i.e. neutral, line, load are indeed what you think they are.
                I used a voltage test to ensure that I identified the hot (Line) wire correctly. I am in a multi-switch box, with multile neutrals, so I will test that I selected the right neutral.

A

Comment

Re:

Issue the script command hs.DebugMode=64

Debug information will be written to files in the Debug Logs directory.

Enable it just before you try doing something that fails, then when you are done issue: hs.DebugMode=0

- nothing is written to my log FILE. It only appears in the HS log.html fiie. How do i force it go to the log file

Comment

Working...
                  X