Need a suggestion on programing locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a suggestion on programing locks

I have an value event that uses the alarm user value is set and it works good telling me who came in the door. That is for the first time.
    If the same person comes in again it doesn't change so I don't get an alert.
    If a different user comes in the door I get an alert telling me that person came in and at that point the first user can input their iserid and I get another alert.
    My question is, How do I get an alert each time the same person comes in without someone else coming in?

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Try it with "...Ararm Status set to Any" as your condition, then in the action you can read the device value. I use a script here as there are complicated actions taking place, but it shouldn't be necessary. Then again... I use scripts for virtually everything.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Thanks, I'll try that and see what I can come up with.

Never tried scripts on Homeseer. Used to do Rex on OS/2 and of course Basic on the TRS80 etc. shouldn't be to hard to learn.

Comment

Basic has changed a lot (understatement) since the TRS80. I cut my teeth on it about the same era, if not before, on a DEC PDP-11. In any case there's lots of information on VB6 and VB dot net on the Internet. It'll be a challenge but not impossible to catch on given the knowledge you already have.

Comment

You are right on Basic. Everything has changed a bunchover the years.
          I guess I'm going to have to get into the scripting.
          Took you idea and tried triggering on status change and "anding" that with userid as figured that should do what I wanted but didn't. Will have to play with it some more.
          Never did get to work with the DEC's over the years but did assembly on the Southwest Tech 6800's and understand they were copied off the DEC operating system.

Sounds like we are from about the same era, growing up with the beginning of the IBM360;s, DEC's etc. Sure different to have everything on one chip now compaired to what it used to be.

Comment

Right on there. That PDP-11 was called a mini-computer back in '74... even though it filled a room. There's probably more computing power in a Schlage lock now than that monster ever had.

Comment

oh.. come on Greg . I loved the PDP-11... especially with RT-11.
              The micro-11's were my fav.... Ok, now I know I'm dating myself

Robert
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

When it was the only computer available to me, I loved it too! The systems manager however, dreaded to see me logged in. I had gotten a copy of the operating manual, and, logged in from a remote TTY I once opened the system line printer in a program I'd written to print a poster of Snoopy. Turned out however that at the time the university was running their payroll. My snoopy ended up printing in the middle of their run, on the cheque forms. Seems I'd found a back door into the OS. They quickly closed it. The systems manager and I were on a first name basis after that.
                It actually wasn't long after that, about '78, I built my first micro- computer; a Super ELF based on a CDP1802 processor (same one used on the Voyager probes), programmed initially with a HEX keypad and eventually expanded from 256 bytes of RAM to 64K with an assembler and Basic interpreter.
                But we digress from the original topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                  When it was the only computer available to me, I loved it too! The systems manager however, dreaded to see me logged in. I had gotten a copy of the operating manual, and, logged in from a remote TTY I once opened the system line printer in a program I'd written to print a poster of Snoopy. Turned out however that at the time the university was running their payroll. My snoopy ended up printing in the middle of their run, on the cheque forms. Seems I'd found a back door into the OS. They quickly closed it. The systems manager and I were on a first name basis after that.
                  It actually wasn't long after that, about '78, I built my first micro- computer; a Super ELF based on a CDP1802 processor (same one used on the Voyager probes), programmed initially with a HEX keypad and eventually expanded from 256 bytes of RAM to 64K with an assembler and Basic interpreter.
                  But we digress from the original topic.
                  I was an IBM CE on Mainframes and did something similar playing with some diagnostics. Sent a print to the hard coded printer address instead of the SYSOUT=A queue. You could sure do neat tricks with them. Remember putting a radio next to the system and programing the system to play music through the radio?

You wouldn't have a sample scritpt that may give me an idea on the original question, would you? Doubt I'll get to play with it much tomorrow though.

Comment

An example in a nutshell:

Event Name: Return Home
                    Trigger:
                    Device Security System Doors Side Door Lock Alarm is set to any status
                    (with conditions)
                    Device: Security System Doors Side Door Lock Alarm is User Code 1 Entered
                    Device: Security System Doors Side Door Lock Alarm is User Code 2 Entered

Action: Run Script Welcome Home.vb

The Script:
                    Sub Main(Parm As Object)
                    If hs.IsOffByName("System Occupation") then
                    hs.ExecX10ByName("System Occupation","On")
                    hs.WriteLogEx("Occupation","Return Home","#0000FF")
                    hs.WaitSecs(5) ' Delay to allow the door to be opened/closed.
                    If hs.DeviceValueByName("Security System Side Door Lock Alarm") = 1 Then
                    hs.Speak("Welcome home Greg.")
                    End If
                    If hs.DeviceValueByName("Security System Side Door Lock Alarm") = 2 Then
                    hs.Speak("Welcome home Ann.")
                    End If
                    hs.run("Announce Phone Messages.txt")
                    End If
                    End Sub
                    Last edited by Wadenut; December 24, 2009, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I'm gonna play around with that...Sonny

Comment

No problem.
                        There's an implied OR between those conditions. IE. Condition 1: Device... Code 1, Condition 2: Device... Code 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                          An example in a nutshell:

Event Name: Return Home
                          Trigger:
                          Device Security System Doors Side Door Lock Alarm is set to any status
                          (with conditions)
                          Device: Security System Doors Side Door Lock Alarm is User Code 1 Entered
                          Device: Security System Doors Side Door Lock Alarm is User Code 2 Entered

Action: Run Script Welcome Home.vb

The Script:
                          Sub Main(Parm As Object)
                          If hs.IsOffByName("System Occupation") then
                          hs.ExecX10ByName("System Occupation","On")
                          hs.WriteLogEx("Occupation","Return Home","#0000FF")
                          hs.WaitSecs(5) ' Delay to allow the door to be opened/closed.
                          If hs.DeviceValueByName("Security System Side Door Lock Alarm") = 1 Then
                          hs.Speak("Welcome home Greg.")
                          End If
                          If hs.DeviceValueByName("Security System Side Door Lock Alarm") = 2 Then
                          hs.Speak("Welcome home Ann.")
                          End If
                          hs.run("Announce Phone Messages.txt")
                          End If
                          End Sub
                          I'm studying this script as I have same issue as buvens and want to learn scripting. I am just starting with scripts so I am confused easily!

This is for a schlage lock, right? "Security System Doors Side Door Lock Alarm" refers to the alarm child of the door lock, is that right?

Is "system occupation" referring to an X10 device or is it a virtual device? I guess it is an actual X10 device a lamp or something that is on when your house is occupied and off otherwise. Is that right?

When you write to the log what is "#0000FF"?

Thanks for any more details you are willing to share.

Comment

Working...
                          X