Merten push button 2-gang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merten push button 2-gang

I can get the 1-gang push button to work with HS with toggle funktion on the top button. But I realy would like to use the right top button on the 2-gang model.

Is it possible to make it work with the following information.

From Mertens homepage

http://www.merten.de/download/DL_doku/5071xx_5072xx_Taster_CONNECT_INT.pdf

Information for experienced users who want to
    program this push-button for use with Z-wave
    compatible devices from other providers:

Learning/program mode
    (programming mode)
    Press the operating surface three times
    within approx. 1.5 seconds. The LED flashes
    or lights up for approx. one minute.

Configuring the pushbutton
    Press and hold the operating surface until the
    Z-wave device being programmed is confirmed.

Number of bytes 1

Single-surface pushbutton:
    Top button: Association Group =1
    Parameter no. = 0
    Bottom button: Association Group = 2
    Parameter no. = 1

Dual-surface pushbutton:
    Left top button: Association Group =1
    Parameter no. = 0
    Left bottom button: Association Group = 2
    Parameter no. = 1
    Right top button: Association Group =3
    Parameter no. = 2
    Right bottom button: Association Group = 4
    Parameter no. = 3

I hope this will give you some idea: http://www.smarthus.info/modules.php...367f799c337296

(Left button = Group 1, Right button = Group 3)

Comment

When i ask the device it returns the following.
      Does this mean that it will not support standard associations.
      "Device supports 0 groups for associations"

********** Reloading Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 38 **********
      Device: Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave 2 knapp brytare sovrum (Node 38) supports class(es): COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION, COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION, COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION, COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION_V2
      Attempting to get manufacturer ID from device 38...
      No manufacturer ID available for device 38
      Z-Wave device 38 version:
      Device did not respond to max groups request, assuming 3 groups
      Device supports 0 groups for associations
      Enabling instant status for Merten Z-Wave device Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave 2-gang switch test (38)
      Done with Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 38

Comment

update

When I upgrade HS to version 2.4.0.11
        I can retrieve the correct information from the 2 gang button

********** Reloading Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 38 **********
        Contacting node 38 to get supported features
        Device: Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave 2 knapp brytare sovrum (Node 38) supports class(es): COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION, COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION, COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION, COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION_V2
        Attempting to get manufacturer ID from device 38...
        Z-Wave manufacturer ID: 122=7AH (Merten), Type: 1=1H, ID: 4=4H
        Z-Wave device 38 version: Lib: 2.27 App: 1.7
        Device supports 4 groups for associations
        Enabling instant status for Merten Z-Wave device Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave 2 knapp brytare sovrum (38)
        ========== Done with Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 38 ==========

Comment

I made some more investigation why I can't get the Merten battery devices to associate correct. I manage to make one successful association with the battery switch. But i could not repeat it.

It seem that the module needs to be awake at the exactly right moment when HS sents the association information to the module. Exactly the same when it asks the module for association information.

Perhaps this could be solved with some changes in HS. I wish when the association information is sent it could try several times, simular to the add node process. Mertens own program seems to have solved this by waiting for me to activate the send node information by pressing 3 times on the switch. This would only be needed when you use Battery powerd devices.

Comment

I also have Merten 2gang devices and I even can not get homeseer to find the node.

Would it be possible to know how you were able to pair homeseer with merten? Just plain "add node" command or something else?

Thanks!

Comment

You keep the z-wave usb plug connected to home seer. Go to add node in the hs menu. Press the left button 3 times it will find it but some times it will go in to sleep before HS has asked all questions.
              Keep tapping on the button so it keeps alive.

I have not been able to get the 2'nd button to work.

Comment

thanks, will try.

I spoke with engineer about this and he said that these 2gand devices are implemented in a way that the other is master and the secondary is slave. So when one is paired with homeseer, homeseer should be able to see 2 devices.

When pairing is done, do you find only one or is there two buttons?

If there are two buttons and second one does not work, might it be possible to get this one working by chainging the hex codes by hand?

Comment

After installation of the merten 2-button device into HS, look on log file.
                  Device MUST be recognized correctly (showing that device have 4 group for associations). If not, try Rescan (push button on merten as crazy to hold it "in live").
                  After this go to Associations window and select Group 1 for left button and Group 3 for right button. Remember: just forget about Group 2 and 4.
                  Start to puch again "in crazy mode" some of Merten buttons and now push "Add" in HS. Get going w/pushing and give a time to HS to be done with associations rutine....

Comment

Did tray for 3 hours for adding the Merten 4 gang.
                    No success

I have now 2 devices in Homeseer

Root device
                    empty name device

Rescan is resulting in nothing

HS 2.4.0.31

Comment

You must upgrade to new beta 0.36
                      I make a test today and can confirm that I was able to make associations with Merten, 2-buttons, transmitter...

Comment

Running beta .36
                        after rescan/add fallowing status.
                        no control
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Chak; May 1, 2010, 11:40 AM.

Comment

All who have problems to use Merten battery power transmitters with HomeSeer software can now take a look on this User Manual: http://www.smarthus.info/support/download/zwave/Merten_bpd.pdf

Comment

Thanks HKMod25; i'll try it out. When my Aeon stick finally arrives.

Comment

It sort of works. But i'm curious why homeseer hasn't implemented a learning mode where it waits until the button is pressed 3 times before giving up, Like in the Merten software.

Maybe it isn't really conform standards, but i guess that could be said for some other z-wave devices.

Merten switches are still the nicest ones around in the EU(probably the VS as well). I'm loving the glass frames

And i notice quite alot of forum users use them aswell. Better merten support would be very welcome! The current association method is very very cumbersome. And if homeseer would have better association support for the merten battery switches i would ditch the merten software in an instant.

Comment

Working...
                              X