Cooper 5 button scene controller issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooper 5 button scene controller issues

hey guys, currently working on a fairly large install with 20+ 5 button's located around the house. some of them are linked to the same device and i need to get them to sync correctly so the led's are lit on each 5 button when the device is on.

right now i have a ton of events but it's not really working the way it should and very unpredictable.

i have it setup like this. i have an event that triggers when the living room recess are "set on"(or "set off") to turn on/off the led's for each button that will control this light as well. i also then have other events for the buttons(set on of off), so they will trigger either on or off the led's if they are used the turn the light on and not the dimmer itself.

problem is it doesn't seem to work 100% of the time, if at all. if i turn the recess on with the dimmer, there is a chance it will turn on the led's, other times it does nothing. same thing for the buttons. activating button 1 will turn on the recess, but won't always turn on button 2 on the other 5 scene.

did some research and it looks like changing the "set on/set off" triggers for the actual dimmer to "change to dim" or using values instead may work, but i'm not sure...

anyone that can help me out here? or possibly suggest a much easier way of doing this. currently at 300 events and it took me a very long time to make all of them.

I noticed with mine if you press two buttons, one right after another quickly, they don't always response correctly, you have to wait a couple seconds between button presses. And also the all off button doesn't update anything in homeseer and throws everything out of whack/sync, also if you blast zwave commands to the same switch (turn button 2 off, turn button 3 off) it don't response correctly, you need to have a pause in there or a if statement.

-Tom-
    -Tom-

Comment

still having problems with this.. anyone else that can offer some advice?

Comment

I am having the same problems and have not found any way to make these switches work reliably even to control the input to Homeseer. The "set scene on" works sometimes but sometimes it can take up to 30 seconds to send the update to Homeseer that he button has been pressed.
        Are these switches just garbage or has anyone been able to make them work?
        Like your location too

Comment

Originally posted by John Harris View Post
          Like your location too
          Sorry, can't help you with the problem you have (I have Leviton scene controllers), but wanted to let you know that there's a bug in the forum software where the location for a user that is no longer in the forum database, will show the same as your own location. So sonic99 shows as "Calgary, Alberta, Canada" for me and "Turlock ca" for you.
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

Sorry, can't help you with the problem you have (I have Leviton scene controllers), but wanted to let you know that there's a bug in the forum software where the location for a user that is no longer in the forum database, will show the same as your own location. So sonic99 shows as "Calgary, Alberta, Canada" for me and "Turlock ca" for you.
            That makes a ton of sense!
            Was wondering why so many people in old posts lived in my small town but I've never heard of them.
            Dan-O
            HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Originally posted by John Harris View Post
              I am having the same problems and have not found any way to make these switches work reliably even to control the input to Homeseer. The "set scene on" works sometimes but sometimes it can take up to 30 seconds to send the update to Homeseer that he button has been pressed.
              Are these switches just garbage or has anyone been able to make them work?
              Like your location too
              My cooper 5 button scene controllers work reliably for controlling their associated devices. The way I set them up is to use them as actual scene controllers where they directly control the zwave device. I have noticed that hitting multiple buttons in quick succession throws HS out of sync... reminds me of the old joke 'hey doc it hurts when I move my arm like this...' doc replies 'well, don't do that...'

If I control the zwave device through HS instead of the cooper controller the led's tend to get out of sync so I add in an event to change the led to the correct state; this mainly works.
              HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
              Number of Devices: 1005
              Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Thanks Sparkman. I was thinking that was strange .

Jmaddox, thank you for the input. I had the scene controllers update their scene status in homeseer and used events to trigger my devices.
                I will have to try this and see if it will work better. I have multiple cooper 5 button switches so I am trying to use them as 3 way switches too. Can you have multiple scene controllers control a single device? And do you look at the device status for feedback?

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                X