Schlage BE469 deadbolt not fully working with HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schlage BE469 deadbolt not fully working with HS

I have 5 schlage locks including just recently the BE469 dead bolt. The others are 3 BE369 deadblots and one FE599 lever lock.

I am running HS2Pro on a Pro-100-S4 home controller with z-troller z-wave controller. I installed the lock (and all locks) next to the z-troller before moving to final location. Install went fine.

All my locks except the new BE469 report back immediately when a user code is entered. I cannot get a stable "return route" for the BE469. Sometimes it will full optimize and give a return route. However, full optimize again and it will return an error. Even when it reports a return route after full optimize, it will not report back to HS when user codes are entered. It will respond to HS, I can enter new user codes from HS, associated other devices, and lock and unlock the bolt from HS. Just will not report back to HS.

I thought maybe the lock was defective is why it wouldn't report back to HS. Returned it and the replacement did the same. I thought maybe I should have some Schlage link modules close by as the old 369s liked them. Bought two of the link modules and it didn't change anything concerning return route or reporting back to HS.

The BE469 is being used to replace an old BE369 in the same location. The BE369 worked flawlessly in that location always reporting back to HS. My wife likes the style of the 469 with the new front door and it is now installed with the matching door handle set. I need to get this to work with HS.

I have tried associating the root device with HS. The association takes but the behavior with return route and not reporting code entry is the same.

There is a similar complaint at thread
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162166

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Last edited by Ricky; April 2, 2014, 08:36 AM.

update

As I mentioned in the above post, I got a second BE469 thinking the first one was defective because it wasn't reporting to HS and wouldn't establish a stable return route. Before sending back the first "defective" unit I have tested it. Adding it to HS and keeping it with several feet of the z-troller. Behavior is identical with what I described above. Will not add a return route under full optimization and will not report back to HS when user codes are entered. Will respond to HS.

I did notice some differences between the 469 and the 369 deadbolts and the FE599 lever lock. When adding the 469 there is only one association group supported whereas the other locks have two association groups supported. Also when adding the 469 the association group 1 is not added during the add node negotiation, it has to be added manually later using the association tab in the root device. While for all my other Schlage locks the two association groups (Group 1 and Group 2) were added automatically during the add node operation.

Has ANYBODY gotten the BE469 to report back to HS??

Comment

I'll be embarking on this soon; I think my BE469 was delivered today...

Comment

I was probably the first kid on the block to have the 469. It has never completely worked for me, although at times it is close to perfect. I asked Tink to pull one from stock and test certain things. he says it always works for him.

There are two communications between HS and the Schlage
        1) notification device
        2) Lock Status
        and sometime a 3rd showing the alarm status ( another thread )

For sure, you must have the lock very very close when you import it, I pull the lock from the door each time and put next to my HS computer

if I lock/unlock w/HS the lock status works
        If I manually lock/unlock or use the keypad the Notification works, but the lock status gets out of sync
        with the most recent update, the lock doesn't always report back to HS when my wife locks the door using the keypad, always worked before

the below shows it working today when my wife left the house
        Attached Files
        Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

bad behaving child ...comes and goes
          Attached Files
          Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Couldn't pair with Z-troller

I have a standard Z-troller and I could not get it to pair. The Z-troller showed it added a node, but the lock just kept blinking until it showed an X, indicating it didn't pair. The funny thing is that when I went to delete, they both indicated a successful deletion. I tried lots of "timing" combinations, all to no avail. I did this all with the Z-troller in hand, running on batteries and disconnected from HS.

I was however, successful in pairing using the Add Node button in HS2. The only problem with this technique, is that in the future, I will need to remove the lock from the door - not exactly practical...

I am going to try to import the devices in HS3... will see what happens.

-BD

Comment

Did you happen to notice whether your BE469 by Schlage fits the old bolt holes of the BE369? I'm looking to replace my busted 369 and hope not to drill new screw holes in the process.

THANKS! - Libra

Comment

Working...
              X