TKBHome TZ88 Z-Wave Smart Energy Plug Power Meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TKBHome TZ88 Z-Wave Smart Energy Plug Power Meter

I thought I would see if there was any chance the above device would work in Homeseer but I have to confess to being a bit of a Z-Wave "dummy" and only have a limited number of fairly basic ZWave devices in an otherwise quite complex HS setup.
    I have HS2 2.5.0.49 with an Aeon Labs USB stick Series 2.
    I have managed to install the device in HS as below and the on/off switch works fine but the power readings are not changing despite there being a load on it.
    This review http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/revie...wer-meter.html refers to editting device configuration parameters but I'm not sure if that is possible in HS.

Any helpful souls out there who can tell me if I am wasting my time or if there might be a solution?
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2010.28.48.jpg

Hi,

Two things that I would do:

1. Upgrade to 2.5.0.81. A lot of zwave device support has been added since 2.5.0.49. It's in the download section of the HS website (http://homeseer.com/downloads/legacy.htm)
    2. Make sure the root device has the needed associations to HS. You may need to set associations on more than Group 1, so see if it has multiple groups in the dropdown and I would set them all to HomeSeer to test.

Hope those get it going for you.
    Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks Al.
      OK have updated to .81
      I have set HS to poll every 5 seconds just for testing
      I have readings coming through now for the instant power and accumulated power child devices.
      I have now found the configuration options for the root device (never had to look at that sort of thing for basic ZWave switches before!)
      Associations - I've set the root device Group 1 Association to Homeseer - there are no other groups shown.
      According to the manual for the device Parameter #1 should be set to between 1 and 720 (multipe of 5 seconds reporting interval) but I cannot get the parameter set - I just get "ERROR" when I try to "SET" it. I have tried various formats for the parameter.
      The manual says the size of the parameter is 2 bytes with values between 0x01-0x7FFF.

So this is now the problem I think - getting the format and value of the config value correct!

Comment

I think HS converts it to Hex, so you should just be able to enter the decimal value.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks again Al, yes I had been trying that. So at this point I did the usual (for me) random sequence of rebooting, reseting and re-including the device in Homeseer and similar jiggery-pokery and low and behold I now seem to be able to adjust the reporting frequency as I should be able to to.
          The ZWave device configuration still comes back with "ERROR" in the box where I ente the parameter value but it does seem to take effect on the device.
          So in other words I seem to have a working device now!

Comment

I had reading this thread and I am happy to see that the TKBhome TZ66D will work in HS2.
            Has somebody some experience with this device to read in the Merten (Schneider Electric) software?

Comment

Nobody ?

Comment

Anyone else using this? Looks like a much cheaper alternative to the Aeotec Smart Switch

Comment

Working...
                X