Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aoen Labs Home Energy Monitor Support in HS3 - working in version 165

HS,

What is the status of Aeon Labs' Home Energy Monitor support in HS3? It was functioning well in HS2, but does not seem to be supported in HS3.

Several issues:

1. 6 child devices get created, when there should be 7. EP1 & 2 power (W), EP1 & 2 Watts Used (kWh), Total Power (W), Total Watts Used (kWh), Battery.

2. Some devices are reading data twice into them (therefore instantly overwriting:

Code:

May-22 4:34:46 PM         Z-Wave    Device: Z-Wave Interface Aeon Labs kW Hours Node 2 Child EP2 Set to 1.123 (1.123 kW Hours Used)   
      May-22 4:34:46 PM         Z-Wave    Device: Z-Wave Interface Aeon Labs kW Hours Node 2 Child EP1 Set to 1.19 (1.19 kW Hours Used)   
      May-22 4:34:46 PM         Z-Wave    Device: Z-Wave Interface Aeon Labs kW Hours Node 2 Child EP2 Set to 4125.84 (4125.84 kW Hours Used)   
      May-22 4:34:46 PM         Z-Wave    Device: Z-Wave Interface Aeon Labs kW Hours Node 2 Child EP1 Set to 4440.72 (4440.72 kW Hours Used)
    3. Some devices values, specifically Aeon Labs Power Node 2 Child, Aeon Labs Watts Node 2 Child EP1, and Aeon Labs Watts Node 2 Child EP2 never get updated (though their data is getting dumped into the wrong fields, shown above).

4. I get errors on rescans, for example:

Code:

Node 2, EndPoint=1 Multilevel Sensor Report was not received (B) - the child device will NOT be configured properly.
    Please let me know the status.

-BD

subscribing - I'm having the same problems...
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by BrunDog View Post
      HS,

What is the status of Aeon Labs' Home Energy Monitor support in HS3? It was functioning well in HS2, but does not seem to be supported in HS3.
      What version of the Z-Wave plugin are you running?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        What version of the Z-Wave plugin are you running?
        .155 beta on .96 Pro

Comment

This power meter was working perfectly for me until the latest HS3 update. I had it set up to just report total power consumption since i have it connected to my 3-phase heat pump. It reported fine on EP2 the total consumption. But now on the latest update of HS3 it does not give a s**t about how I configure what data to send, it just sends single phase information on 50% of the parameters random spread out over phases and types.

Comment

I have a couple of Fibaro devices for controlling the LED's and it is not reporting anything either. I am very interested in this as I am planning to use one of the Aeon Smart switches on my AV Receiver to tell when my AV room is switched on so I can trigger events accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Agwan View Post
              This power meter was working perfectly for me until the latest HS3 update. I had it set up to just report total power consumption since i have it connected to my 3-phase heat pump. It reported fine on EP2 the total consumption. But now on the latest update of HS3 it does not give a s**t about how I configure what data to send, it just sends single phase information on 50% of the parameters random spread out over phases and types.
              Did you put in a Bugzilla ticket on this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                Did you put in a Bugzilla ticket on this issue?
                Am I supposed to put a ticket in, regarding the OP?

-BD

Comment

Originally posted by BrunDog View Post
                  Am I supposed to put a ticket in, regarding the OP?

-BD
                  If you want the developers to know this is an issue then you have to put in a Bugzilla ticket.

Comment

+1

Erratic results in the accumulated usage (Z-Wave Hours kW ) child.

Comment

Put a ticket in... now we wait.

Funny thing is: after I ran HS2, then closed it and started HS3, the Total Power device started updating correctly, every 10 seconds per the group programming.

-BD

Comment

I got the same issues here.
                        I am not sure which z-wave beta killed it.
                        Running the latest frimware for the HEM.
                        The HEM is used to messure the KWH consumption of my Electric Car and HS is emailing this to my boss once per month so he can refund the costs.
                        This makes it a pretty trivial device in my setup and therefor would like to see it fixes asap..

Martijn.

Comment

It looks like its working again with zwave plugin 165.
                          Need to do some more tests to be sure but it looks promissing.

Comment

Every couple of months I come back to HS3 to see if I can get anything working, and alas.... NO. Again. If I could punch HS3 in the face, I would.

Currently on Z-wave beta .165. For my HEM (gen 1), I still get 6 child devices, where it should be seven:

Child Device: Aeon Labs kW Hours Node 2 Child EP2 CC: Meter Ver: 2 EP: 2 Polling: Polling Disabled
                            Child Device: Aeon Labs Watts Node 2 Child EP2 CC: Meter Ver: 2 EP: 2 Polling: Polling Disabled
                            Child Device: Aeon Labs Battery Node 2 Child CC: Battery Polling: Polling Interval: 12h, 0m, 0s
                            Child Device: Aeon Labs kW Hours Node 2 Child EP1 CC: Meter Ver: 2 EP: 1 Polling: Polling Disabled
                            Child Device: Aeon Labs Watts Node 2 Child EP1 CC: Meter Ver: 2 EP: 1 Polling: Polling Disabled
                            Child Device: Aeon Labs Power Node 2 Child CC: Sensor Multilevel Ver: 2 Polling: Polling Disabled

What is missing is the Total Power in kWh. Also, what does NOT work at all is the current Power (last in the list above). Although it is set to send its update every 10 seconds, it never updates. This despite resetting the settings for the update groupings.

Of course, it works fine HS2. Of course, I submitted a bugzilla two months ago and heard nothing back. Of course I rescan, re-import, and click every button and option I can to get it to do something different. Of course I will shut down HS3 again and try again in a few months. And of course, my new schlage lock BE469 will not work either, but works (mostly) in HS2. FU HS!

-BD

Comment

Here is what I get when I do a scan:

Code:
                              Jul-26 11:02:06 AM         Z-Wave    6 out of 6 Child devices of node 2 were created successfully.   
                                Jul-26 11:02:05 AM         Z-Wave    Device: Z-Wave Power Set to 1816.56 (W)   
                                Jul-26 11:02:05 AM         Z-Wave    Device: Z-Wave Power Set to 1157.76 (W)   
                                Jul-26 11:02:05 AM         Z-Wave    Node 2 Meter is Supported for Electric_meter, Type ELECTRIC_W, Scale is INSTANT   
                                Jul-26 11:02:05 AM         Z-Wave    Node 2 Meter is Supported for Electric_meter, Type ELECTRIC_kWh, Scale is ACCUMULATED   
                                Jul-26 11:02:05 AM         Z-Wave    Node 2 Meter Instance 2 is Supported for Electric_meter, Type ELECTRIC_W, Scale is INSTANT   
                                Jul-26 11:02:05 AM         Z-Wave    Node 2 Meter Instance 2 is Supported for Electric_meter, Type ELECTRIC_kWh, Scale is ACCUMULATED   
                                Jul-26 11:02:05 AM         Z-Wave    Processing Information for Node 2 Multi-CHANNEL Command Class of METER_V2, Endpoint 2   
                                Jul-26 11:02:05 AM         Z-Wave Warning    Node 2, EndPoint=2 Multilevel Sensor Report was not received (B) - the child device will NOT be configured properly.   
                                Jul-26 11:02:05 AM         Z-Wave    Device: Z-Wave Power Set to 658.8 (W)   
                                Jul-26 11:02:05 AM         Z-Wave    Processing Information for Node 2 Multi-CHANNEL Command Class of SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V2, Endpoint 2   
                                Jul-26 11:02:05 AM         Z-Wave    Node 2 Meter Instance 1 is Supported for Electric_meter, Type ELECTRIC_W, Scale is INSTANT   
                                Jul-26 11:02:05 AM         Z-Wave    Node 2 Meter Instance 1 is Supported for Electric_meter, Type ELECTRIC_kWh, Scale is ACCUMULATED   
                                Jul-26 11:02:05 AM         Z-Wave    Processing Information for Node 2 Multi-CHANNEL Command Class of METER_V2, Endpoint 1   
                                Jul-26 11:02:05 AM         Z-Wave Warning    Node 2, EndPoint=1 Multilevel Sensor Report was not received (B) - the child device will NOT be configured properly.   
                                Jul-26 11:02:05 AM         Z-Wave    Processing Information for Node 2 Multi-CHANNEL Command Class of SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V2, Endpoint 1   
                                Jul-26 11:02:05 AM         Z-Wave    All associations for node 2 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1.   
                                Jul-26 11:02:05 AM         Z-Wave    Node 2 Association Group 1 can have 5 associations, and currently has 1   
                                Jul-26 11:02:05 AM         Z-Wave    Getting association information for node 2   
                                Jul-26 11:02:05 AM         Z-Wave    Node 2 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 2.78 App: 3.62   
                                Jul-26 11:02:04 AM         Z-Wave    Node: 2 Supports Class(es): CONFIGURATION, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V2, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, VERSION_V2, METER_V2, BATTERY, ASSOCIATION_V2, MULTI_CHANNEL_V2   
                                Jul-26 11:02:04 AM         Z-Wave
                              Clearly it knows it cant create the devices properly.

-BD

Comment

Working...
                              X