"Double Tap" now registering in HS3 :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One tap or two tap

I am in the process of switching over from the easy x10 I have had for over 15 years to this new zwave. I have ordered all these modules thinking how easy this is to hook up. I have nothing working and its been over a week.
    I have a z stick, I have been able to get a item to register, and show on my device page, but no on and off buttons. Am I to be double tapping the zstick or something like that in order to get on and off buttons to show on the device page.
    I am begging for help, I bought all this stuff and can not use it, still using X10. Please I would be grateful for any help. Even if this is not what I am needing to do to get on and off buttons to show on my device page could you please tell me what you are talking about when you say double tap.
    I have read everything, and all 10 thousand post. This is the first thing I found and hoping this is what I am doing wrong.

Thankk you
    danielbo

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
      I am in the process of switching over from the easy x10 I have had for over 15 years to this new zwave. I have ordered all these modules thinking how easy this is to hook up. I have nothing working and its been over a week.
      I have a z stick, I have been able to get a item to register, and show on my device page, but no on and off buttons. Am I to be double tapping the zstick or something like that in order to get on and off buttons to show on the device page.
      I am begging for help, I bought all this stuff and can not use it, still using X10. Please I would be grateful for any help. Even if this is not what I am needing to do to get on and off buttons to show on my device page could you please tell me what you are talking about when you say double tap.
      I have read everything, and all 10 thousand post. This is the first thing I found and hoping this is what I am doing wrong.

Thankk you
      the double tap we are talking about is setting and extra set of events to capture when you turn a z-wave light switch on 2x in short order to register as a separate and new event. For instance, I might double tap a light in the kitchen to tun on all of the lights in the kitchen, dinning and start music. Clicking on once wont turn everything on but double tapping would.

I saw that you said you got a z-stick but what other z-wave devices do you have? Once you add the devices to your z-wave network they should show up in homeseer with their variable like on or off or dim.

Comment

Will this work on ALL zwave (switch & dimmer) modules?

I have all my modules (fibaro & quibino) build in the wall behind momentary switches. For the locations I need this functionality I now use Fibaro Dimmers that (on a Vera Plus) allow scene triggering via S2. This does not work in Homeseer and this sounds like an interesting work around

Comment

I have aeotec 2nd generation smart micro switches and dimmers and would like to implement this multitap solution for controlling events, however it seems as though it takes ~1 second for HS3 to register the change in state of my switch before it updates the counter. If for example the light is off and I quickly toggle it on 3 times and leave it on, my counter is only incremented by 1, not 3. I have to turn it on and wait 1 second, then off and wait 1 second, then back on and wait 1 second, etc - so each change in state is registered and increases the counter. I've got the aeotec zwave setting chosen to automatically update the switch status, and I've even tried setting parameter 80 on the switch to 1 and 2 manually as aeotec said setting it to 2 would give a basic cc report and should be faster than 1 which only calls for a hail cc (not sure which value HS3 sets it to when you choose enable in the automatic update dropdown).

I found 2 others discussions where this sort of thing was talked about, but nothing that sounded like it would fix my issue that I could tell.
          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=171319
          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=160793

Comment

Working...
          X