Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aeotec ZW089 recessed door sensors - Success!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeotec ZW089 recessed door sensors - Success!

Aeotec has an updated version of their recessed door sensor that is now available.

Has anyone tried this device with HS3?

I'm currently running HS 3.0.0.149 linux beta, with the Z-Wave 3.0.0.188 beta plugin. My controller is a Aeotec z-stick 2 with 3.7 firmware.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Please keep us updated on how this goes, I am very interested in these as they are much more aesthetically pleasing than the traditional ones.

Comment

A while back these didn't work and they weren't certified. Has the certification status changed? I hope so as these are small and hidden. The new ones are Z-Wave plus devices so their signals are strong although embedded in wood. So they should work much better than the older design.
      Last edited by Rupp; January 16, 2015, 11:25 AM.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

They are z-wave plus. I'm not sure if they are certified, or how I would find out.

Comment

This site was posted the other day, lots of great information: http://z-wave.com.

Looks like they are certified, http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1179
          Bryan
          Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
          Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

I just got my HomeSeer system and I have several of the Aeotec ZW089 door contact sensors. So far so good. I have setup a simple test event that triggers a strobe when the contact is open and turns it off when it is closed and it works like a charm. I have the S6-PRO and the Z-Stick Z-Wave module using HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.144 (Windows). Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunneyk View Post
              I just got my HomeSeer system and I have several of the Aeotec ZW089 door contact sensors. So far so good. I have setup a simple test event that triggers a strobe when the contact is open and turns it off when it is closed and it works like a charm. I have the S6-PRO and the Z-Stick Z-Wave module using HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.144 (Windows). Hope that helps.
              Thanks for the update.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Gunneyk View Post
                Thanks a lot for the confirmation. Much appreciated. Ordering now!

Comment

Sorry to necrothread...

I had one of these on Vera and am trying to get it working in HS3. It includes, but doesn't create any child devices and winds up as a device that doesn't allow an event to trigger when the open/closed status is "at least" - it's basically only got custom values.

Is there any way to fix this? I've excluded and included, rescanned, put in a brand new battery and did the above again; nothing seems to work. Any advice?

Thanks!

Comment

Did you try non secure include?
                    Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
                    | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
                    Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
                    BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Originally posted by BlairG View Post
                      Did you try non secure include?
                      That plus a re-scan did it. Thanks!

FYI, here's what happened on the non-secure inclusion:

Mar-30 8:46:09 PM Z-Wave Warning The device at node 58 should result in 2 child devices being created, but the node interrogation currently has 0. This may still result in a successful child creation.
                      Mar-30 8:46:09 PM Z-Wave Error Node 58 did not provide Wake-Up Command Class information - it will not be processed further.

Mar-30 8:45:39 PM Z-Wave Node 58 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
                      Mar-30 8:45:39 PM Z-Wave Warning Error getting version information for node 58, Send failed.
                      Mar-30 8:45:16 PM Z-Wave Node: 58 Controls Class(es): DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, HAIL, NO_OPERATION
                      Mar-30 8:45:16 PM Z-Wave Node: 58 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO_V2, SENSOR_BINARY_V2, BATTERY, WAKE_UP, CONFIGURATION_V3, ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2, ALARM_V2, VERSION, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, POWERLEVEL, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD
                      Mar-30 8:45:09 PM Z-Wave Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
                      Mar-30 8:45:04 PM Z-Wave Done. Node 58 Added.

Comment

I just received a few I purchased this month. I have about 1/2 dozen already installed successfully - but these were from a year or so ago. The new ones will not register. I've tried the suggestions in this post to no avail

I press the button and they blink three times and go off. Homeseer doesn't seem to see anything. Other devices e.g. the Multisensor 6 registers fine.

Any thoughts? Guidance? Thanks!

Comment

Get it close to the server/controller is my only suggestion. Also, I've found that sometimes less than fully charged batteries cause problems when including.

Comment

I'm right on top of it I registered the water sensor just fine. This seems limited to the recessed door sensor as I mentioned I have other recessed door sensors working fine.

Comment

Try excluding it?

Comment

Working...
                              X