Fibaro S2 control of Virtual Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro S2 control of Virtual Device

Is there a way to configure the second switch input of a Fibaro switch or dimmer module to control a virtual device in a similar way one would associate the second input with another z-wave device?

I've had a look but I don't seen to have the option to associate the control with a virtual device.

What I'm looking to do is have a single 2-way momentary wall switch control lighting and audio by installing a Fibaro dimmer behind a double wall switch and use the switch inputs as follows:
    1. Control the fibaro dimmer (room lighting)
    2. Control a virtual device which will then be used to trigger events for audio control (speakers on/off or play/pause)

I'm sure there are alternative ways of doing this but I'm trying to minimise wall clutter.

Originally posted by scanman View Post
    Is there a way to configure the second switch input of a Fibaro switch or dimmer module to control a virtual device in a similar way one would associate the second input with another z-wave device?

I've had a look but I don't seen to have the option to associate the control with a virtual device.

What I'm looking to do is have a single 2-way momentary wall switch control lighting and audio by installing a Fibaro dimmer behind a double wall switch and use the switch inputs as follows:
    1. Control the fibaro dimmer (room lighting)
    2. Control a virtual device which will then be used to trigger events for audio control (speakers on/off or play/pause)

I'm sure there are alternative ways of doing this but I'm trying to minimise wall clutter.
    Unless I'm mistaken you can't do this with the current Fibaro dimmer. The S2 input can only be used to control another Z-Wave device.

It can be done with a single channel Fibaro switch by using an event fired on the status change of endpoint 2 but this can also be problematic depending if you are using a version 1.x or 2.x device.

It also looks like it might be possible with the new Fibaro Dimmer 2 but as far as I can tell these are not yet readily available here in the UK.

Paul..

Comment

You can do this by enabling scene control in parameter 41 on the Fibaro Dimmer. After that S2 will act as a scene controller in Homeseer where you can trigger events on "double click", "triple click", "Dim up" and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by iblis View Post
        You can do this by enabling scene control in parameter 41 on the Fibaro Dimmer. After that S2 will act as a scene controller in Homeseer where you can trigger events on "double click", "triple click", "Dim up" and so on.
        Well you learn something every day

Looks like this feature was introduced in version 2.x of the Fibaro dimmer. I do have some v2.x dimmers but I had never bothered to read the v2.x manual.

Paul..

Comment

Do I need to do anything else as I can not get this to work. I have set param 41 to 1 and did a rescan and now I have group 3 associated with Homeseer.

when I press the switch I get nothing in the log? should it show up or do I need to set up a scene first?

Greig.
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

You configure your z-wave scenes under Plugins>ZWave>Scene Management.

You can read more about z-wave scenes in this document: http://products.z-wavealliance.org/M...ile.pdf#page51

Comment

You configure your z-wave scenes under Plugins>ZWave>Scene Management.

You can read more about z-wave scenes in this document: http://products.z-wavealliance.org/M...ile.pdf#page51
              Ok I have looked through the manual again and set up scenes as expected but there is nothing being sent from the switch and no scenes are activated.
              Can you confirm you use this and have it working.

Greig.
              Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
              X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
              Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
              Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'll try this too and feedback when I can.

Comment

Did anyone get the scene part working?
                  Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

I'm new to Homeseer and moving from Vera. I have 15 of these Fibaro Dimmers in my house (V1 and V2). I haven't found a solution to use the S2 button / scene. It would be great to be able to use the scene functionality to trigger event/actions in Homeseer

Comment

I have also been deepdiving this but it seems that there is no solution. I suggest you email support and put in a feature request. I will do the same. This is lso a big issue for me

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have send an email to presales about this.

It should not be that difficult. At least not for using it to trigger Homeseer actions.

The Fibaro Dimmer is sending information in the Command Class as I can see using Z-wave logging enabled.

HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC Frame(7)=2

Comment

Thanks! Will do the same

By the way, did you see this: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=171568

Do you know if this works with the quibinos or Fibaro's? Sounds as a good alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by tyfoon View Post
                            Thanks! Will do the same

By the way, did you see this: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=171568

Do you know if this works with the quibinos or Fibaro's? Sounds as a good alternative.
                            I have seen it but first of all the s2 is not recognized as a separate device. Also I'm using three clicks and hold functionality
                            Let's see how fast pre-sales, support and forum is

Comment

Anybody from Homeseer can help or comment?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X