Bridging Seperate Z-Wave Networks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bridging Seperate Z-Wave Networks?

I have a Simon XT panel that supports Z-Wave but cannot be added as a secondary controller to homeseer.

is there a Z-Wave device that can bridge two independent networks?

High level goal:
    Add a z-wave device to the Simon XT panel (e.g., most likely something that can be plugged into a computer and recognize commands)
    Add a second z-wave device in the same computer connected the Homeseer controller.

Each time a command is sent to the simon xt z-wave device, it automatically resends the command to the homeseer network. On the HomeSeer network, any command can act as a source of an event. By having the computer as an intermediary I assume this would also minimize lag and avoid the need for polling.

Assuming the device can emulate a "dimmer" this should support 100 messages (0-100% dim) - commands the simon xt can easily send.

I want this to have access to events from my alarm system (e.g., door is opened, etc) while having all my home automation done within homeseer. So 10% would be the front door opened, 15% the laundry room door opened, 20% garage opened, etc.

Thoughts? Is this viable and how can it be done or is there a better approach?

Thanks.

I realized a simpler approach is if I can use one z-wave device in my homeseer computer attached to the simon xt network that can just be scripted directly from within homeseer via a plug-in (should be no reason for the second z-wave device).

Comment

Originally posted by siteexperts View Post
      I have a Simon XT panel that supports Z-Wave but cannot be added as a secondary controller to homeseer.

is there a Z-Wave device that can bridge two independent networks?

High level goal:
      Add a z-wave device to the Simon XT panel (e.g., most likely something that can be plugged into a computer and recognize commands)
      Add a second z-wave device in the same computer connected the Homeseer controller.

Each time a command is sent to the simon xt z-wave device, it automatically resends the command to the homeseer network. On the HomeSeer network, any command can act as a source of an event. By having the computer as an intermediary I assume this would also minimize lag and avoid the need for polling.

Assuming the device can emulate a "dimmer" this should support 100 messages (0-100% dim) - commands the simon xt can easily send.

I want this to have access to events from my alarm system (e.g., door is opened, etc) while having all my home automation done within homeseer. So 10% would be the front door opened, 15% the laundry room door opened, 20% garage opened, etc.

Thoughts? Is this viable and how can it be done or is there a better approach?

Thanks.
      Hey,

What was your solution? I want to do the same thing.

thanks

Comment

Unfortunately it doesn't appear the OP is still active on the forum. The username no longer exists in the member list. Hopefully someone else can help out.
        -Wade

Comment

Our Honeywell alarm panel runs a Zwave module and won't connect well with the HS system. They see each other and won't interfere with each others network, just no talking to each other. It does have one hardwire output port, I've rigged that port to HS and can tell HS Automation alarm status. Armed or Disarmed.
          Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
          | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
          Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
          BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Working...
          X