Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From AEON Zstick S2 to Gen5

Hi,

Currently I have a wave network based on the AEON Z-stick S2. I'm adding more and more Zwave plus devices and my first question is that the S2 cannot utilize the Zwave plus features because this is not Zwave plus Z-stick ?

I have also bought a AEON Z-stick Gen5, which is Zwave plus capable, but I'm looking for an easy way to replace the S2 without losing all Zwave settings and HS devices (and related events)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

I have exactly the same question, unfortunately no solution.

Comment

I find it hard to believe that Aeotec themselves haven't produced a utility to go from an S2 > G5 stick. Don't know if anyone has contacted them and asked if such a utility exists or is planned but it might be worth a try.

Failing that, I suppose you will have to wait and see if Homeseer add that facility to the Z-Wave plug-in for the Aeotec stick.

As far as I can establish, the only controller that is currently able to be restored successfully is the Z-Net. The restore feature for the Z-Wave.me UZB1 controller currently doesn't work in Homeseer.

Paul..

Comment

I had the same problem at the end of the last year.
        My Z-Stick II worked fine but I have a lot of z-wave plus devices now. So I bought a Z-Stick Gen5 but it is not supported by HS (I think they want to sell their own Stick+).
        Backup and Restore is only possible with the Z-NET or the zwave.me UZB Stick.
        initialization and the firmware update is horrible and not a professional way for such a product. My suggestion is to stay as long as possible on Z-Stick II and look what happens with the new z-wave plus controllers.

Comment

You can add the new stick as secondary and transfer primary.

Look at this thread. http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=176106

Regards
          Morten

Comment

I'd recommend that when upgrading from the Z-Stick to go with HST's solutions -- SmartStick or Z-NET -- if you're in the US. At a minimum, you're going to get better support.

Comment

Originally posted by mhn View Post
              You can add the new stick as secondary and transfer primary.

Look at this thread. http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=176106

Regards
              Morten
              Thanks to Morten, I have moved to the new Zstick with the Danfoss tool.

Thanks again....
              Regards,

Rien du Pre
              The Netherlands
              Using:
              Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
              Plugin's:
              RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post

Thanks to Morten, I have moved to the new Zstick with the Danfoss tool.

Thanks again....
                Can someone post a working link to the danfoss tool?

Comment

Working...
                X