Honeywell Z-wave Thermostat issues with 3.0.1.54

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honeywell Z-wave Thermostat issues with 3.0.1.54

Not sure which build it started (at plugin version 3.0.1.54), but none of our Honeywell Zwave thermostats seem to be communicating correctly with HS3 anymore. The thermostats seem to receiving event updates from HS to set temp, etc. However they are reporting "Lost communication" on their display, and seeing the following errors in the logs:
    Code:
    Z-Wave Multilevel Sensor device 1st Floor Dining Room Temperature is missing Sensor Type information - cannot update sensor status.
    I've tried rescan'ing, optimizing nodes, etc but doesn't seem to be working. Using the SmartStick+ as well

Thanks!

This has happened twice to one of our thermostats, which is a bit disconcerting.

The easy fix is to pull the thermostat out of the wall, wait a few seconds, and push it back in. Communication is resumed.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
      This has happened twice to one of our thermostats, which is a bit disconcerting.

The easy fix is to pull the thermostat out of the wall, wait a few seconds, and push it back in. Communication is resumed.
      Thanks but no such luck

Comment

We are having the same problem here. We have 4 of the same thermostats. We have to keep running around each day pulling and re-installed the ones that lost communication to re-establish. It's a real pain. We are searching the forums here, like others, trying to find a solution.

Comment

Originally posted by pciccone View Post
          We are having the same problem here. We have 4 of the same thermostats. We have to keep running around each day pulling and re-installed the ones that lost communication to re-establish. It's a real pain. We are searching the forums here, like others, trying to find a solution.
          I had 2 issues...

1. Had to pull them to reset the power.
          2. One of the device types in HS was bad for Temperature I believe. Deleted the bad Temp device on all the Tstats, did a rescan, and they started working.

Also set a return path in the Zwave devices as well but all that did was improve reliability.

Comment

seeing exact same thing, unfortunately I have 14 of these zwstats.
            no one has a real good answer why this is happening, all my other zwave devices work fine while these tstats lock up constantly.

I think I have to bite the bullet and get rid of these pos

Comment

I've pulled mine off the base plate so often that one screw is coming loose out of the wall. I've tried re-scanning several times, deleting and re-including. Once it was able to stay in communication with HS for two weeks. But then sometimes it'll loose communication within two minutes.

I've basically given up and have a RTH9580 WiFi from Honeywell waiting on the table here, and there's a problem there because of my version of Mono not getting along with the Honeywell plugin.

Dust bin is my answer!
              Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
              | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
              Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
              BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

I continue to struggle with these myself. All 4 of them will go down randomly. Sometimes I can get all 4 to work for a while, but the minute the system reboots, a do a scan or the wind blows they will start going down again. HS sells these directly, as such they need to dig into this a bit more as many of us have these problems.

Comment

I have to power them off every once in a while still too. I will probably end up replacing them with NEST as it's too flakey

Comment

Originally posted by mloebl View Post
                    I have to power them off every once in a while still too. I will probably end up replacing them with NEST as it's too flakey
                    I spent $450 between all of them. I cannot just waste that money. I am still optimistic for a solution, one day.

Nest is not native Z-Wave, you know?

Comment

I spent $450 between all of them. I cannot just waste that money. I am still optimistic for a solution, one day.

Nest is not native Z-Wave, you know?
                      I know, but they are pretty reliable I have one I have been testing.

Comment

I have 6 of these. I was having the same issue. I was going crazy trying to figure it out. I can't tell what actually corrected the issue but here is what I did. I found a webpage someone made somewhere(can't recall) about this. They advised to remove the zwave module from the stat, clean and re-seat it. So I excluded and removed all the stats, pulled out the batteries, removed the zwave modules and cleaned the pins, sort of, and then reinstalled everything. This was about 9 months ago. Everything has been working since. Maybe I was just lucky and accidently corrected something in this process.

Comment

I think you were lucky.
                          I did all that reseating too, push the cards in etc. If I have only a few on the network they are kind of stable, if I go beyond 5 units or more on the network, they all start dropping off after a couple of days, real junk. I think their routing/repeating functionality crashes the units over time.
                          I can't be resetting power to these every 2 days. and the amount of time I spent trying to resolve this.
                          That was a very expensive lesson to learn, I will avoid these with a ten foot pole.

Comment

Here too.
                            Pried the back off, took the zwave card out, prayed for it, and inserted in snugly back into its socket.

It worked for a period and to no avail....

Communication Lost
                            Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
                            | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
                            Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
                            BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Working...
                            X