Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Schlage Camelot Door Lock be programmed from HS3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Schlage Camelot Door Lock be programmed from HS3?

I read that the Schlage Camelot can be programmed from z-wave providers. Does this ability already exist via plug-in for HS3?

Can someone provide an example of how a script sends data to the devices to set values?

Such as, in vb after a reference to a device is established, what function is used to set values on the device?

Camelot access codes are programmed by locking the door, entering the programmer's code # then '1' then entering the new access code # twice.

How is this string sent to the device via script?

You can program (add/remove) user codes right from the Z-Wave configuration tab of the root device of the lock -- no need to do any scripting.

Comment

It can also be done in events, again without scripts.

Cheers
      Al

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Can it indeed be done now via a plug-in? I love Blade's BLLocks, and the only functionality missing (some would say the primary functionality) is that it can't actually set lock codes. I use it as a sort-of database to keep track of which locks have been programmed with which codes, but then have to manually set them.

(Pro-tip -- when we have guests, I set their lock codes to the last four digits of their mobile phone numbers; very easy to remember.)

Comment

It's done with a zwave action which is part of the zwave plugin. No additional plugins are required. With it you can enable and disable certain codes based on time, day of week, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks! HS is new for me. I didn't know some devices have a settings section in the z-wave tab. I also found the drop-down selection to set the code by event.

Comment

Al's, sparkmans, great lock script is great to keep track of users, log on device page, and to get notified when users lock unlock. I depend on it heavily!

Sent from my iPhone
              Tom
              baby steps...starting again with HS3
              HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
              HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
              Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
              In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
              System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                Al's, sparkmans, great lock script is great to keep track of users, log on device page, and to get notified when users lock unlock. I depend on it heavily!

Sent from my iPhone
                Cool, and where do we find this script? Sparkman?

Comment

Originally posted by Sireone View Post
                  Cool, and where do we find this script? Sparkman?
                  Right here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=172326.

Cheers
                  Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                    Can someone provide screenshot or a link to where this is configured in the interface. I have a schlage and I do not see the codes that I entered on the lick nore in the events do I see who unlocks the door.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X