Z-wave device turn on it's own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-wave device turn on it's own?

Last night I woke up a bit after 5am to get a drink of water. Walk into the kitchen to find the fireplace on... It is controlled by a Linear FS20Z-1, which is not physically accessible, so the fireplace can only really be turned on by Z-wave command. So I decided to check the logs, to which I found this lone entry:

Mar-28 2:04:34 AM Z-Wave Device: Fireplace Livingroom Fireplace Set to ON
    I didn't see any event prior to it to triggering it to turn on...and when I manually turn it on or off via Z-wave it shows up like this in the log:

Mar-28 5:45:13 AM Z-Wave Device: Fireplace Livingroom Fireplace Set to 0
    Mar-28 5:45:09 AM Device Control Device: Fireplace Livingroom Fireplace to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Mar-28 5:45:03 AM Z-Wave Device: Fireplace Livingroom Fireplace Set to 255
    Mar-28 5:45:03 AM Device Control Device: Fireplace Livingroom Fireplace to On (255) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Mar-28 5:44:23 AM Z-Wave Device: Fireplace Livingroom Fireplace Set to 0
    Mar-28 5:44:23 AM Device Control Device: Fireplace Livingroom Fireplace to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Any idea? This is the first time I have come across something like this, I'd be more okay if it was a light bulb, but when when it's the fireplace it raises a bit of a concern.

Twice I have had lamps turn on unexpectedly. The log shows no device control. It would be a huge help if HomeSeer OS would allow users to configure logging by device so that you could see in a log what caused a device to change state. Commercial controllers allow you to configure logging when you are adding a device. You can set up what is logged, on/off, change in value (percentage dim change). Bottom line you can diagnose what caused something to change state. We have to remember that HS is basically a hobby controller and not a commercial product. The price reflects that.

Tis a good question that is asked this day

Comment

I have had this on my Vera for months. Vera customer support have been trying to fix it but until now no success. There is nothing in the logs, it does not look as if Vera is turning the devices on. It is quite annoying, lights come on, heating, AC, all at once. They suggested unpairing all those devices and then reincluding. Didnt help. The they suggested it might be the Everspring on/off modules. So I disconnected them all. Didnt help. As that was not the only problem with Vera I decided to jump ship to HS. I have not got the Z net controller yet, so cannot included my zwave devices yet. I just hope that moving over to HS will stop this madness.

Comment

On the "Plug-ins" -> "Manage" page if you click on "Z-Wave" there's "Enable Detailed Debug logging to file (Do not enable unless instructed by tech support, this will use a lot of disk space)"

Regards
        Morten

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
          I have had this on my Vera for months. Vera customer support have been trying to fix it but until now no success. There is nothing in the logs, it does not look as if Vera is turning the devices on. It is quite annoying, lights come on, heating, AC, all at once. They suggested unpairing all those devices and then reincluding. Didnt help. The they suggested it might be the Everspring on/off modules. So I disconnected them all. Didnt help. As that was not the only problem with Vera I decided to jump ship to HS. I have not got the Z net controller yet, so cannot included my zwave devices yet. I just hope that moving over to HS will stop this madness.

When I used Vera I would often wake up in the middle of the night to my kitchen lights on. Since moving to HomeSeer that hasn't happened once. The cure for that problem was instantaneous in my case.
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by mhn View Post
            On the "Plug-ins" -> "Manage" page if you click on "Z-Wave" there's "Enable Detailed Debug logging to file (Do not enable unless instructed by tech support, this will use a lot of disk space)"

Regards
            Morten
            I'd have a huge debug log file as this hasn't happened to my knowledge since the one time on March 28th.

Comment

Hi,

this happened to me also several times. What i suspect that this are associations, which were set somehow. Mainly fibaro rgbw modules have this sometimes, when i check those by hand, i saw associations to some devices (even non existing) which never have been configured. I got this issue also in HS2, and know and then i see this beahaviour.

Dont know howto overcome or resolve, but it would help a lot if we got the audit all node function back (was present in HS2), so we can check all existing associations on all devices.

regards

Bart
              Regards Bart
              ------------------------------------------
              Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
              HSPRO 3.
              Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Originally posted by bartbakels View Post
                Hi,

this happened to me also several times. What i suspect that this are associations, which were set somehow. Mainly fibaro rgbw modules have this sometimes, when i check those by hand, i saw associations to some devices (even non existing) which never have been configured. I got this issue also in HS2, and know and then i see this beahaviour.

Dont know howto overcome or resolve, but it would help a lot if we got the audit all node function back (was present in HS2), so we can check all existing associations on all devices.

regards

Bart
                Well speak of the devil... The little one had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night...walk out of the bedroom and find the fireplace on. I'm almost considering removing the Z-wave device from the fireplace, not sure about automating garage doors now... Last thing I need is to open a door wide open and allow anyone to come in.

Jun-11 12:32:23 AM Z-Wave Device: Fireplace Livingroom Fireplace Set to ON
                Jun-11 2:25:28 AM Z-Wave Device: Fireplace Livingroom Fireplace Set to 0
                Jun-11 2:25:28 AM Device Control Device: Fireplace Livingroom Fireplace to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                The associations field for the Z-wave device is greyed out.

Comment

Originally posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
                  Well speak of the devil... The little one had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night...walk out of the bedroom and find the fireplace on. I'm almost considering removing the Z-wave device from the fireplace, not sure about automating garage doors now... Last thing I need is to open a door wide open and allow anyone to come in.

The associations field for the Z-wave device is greyed out.
                  It is possible that another device has an association with the fireplace device. You might check for any other Z-Wave devices that changed status just before the fireplace device turned on and see if they have an unintended association.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                  X