Tracking & Reporting Room Presence and Duration of Occupancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracking & Reporting Room Presence and Duration of Occupancy

Based on experiences what's the recommended implementation in HS3 for tracking and reporting room presence / occupancy, including duration of time in each room?

I have two types of motion sensors in key rooms, z-wave and DSC-alarm wired, that can be used with HS3 virtual devices and timers. Since motion sensors only report motion in set time intervals this may complicate the above objective and create inaccurate tracking and report results.

Does anyone have something like this and is it working well for you? If so, can you provide details on how you have this set up?

Example use case: You put your home in vacation mode (virtual device), which specific HS events will use. A business or someone you know is caring for your home and/or pets while you are away in vacation mode. You want to monitor and report the interior rooms they are going into and how much time is spent in these rooms.

Originally posted by FLtechie View Post
    Based on experiences what's the recommended implementation in HS3 for tracking and reporting room presence / occupancy, including duration of time in each room?

I have two types of motion sensors in key rooms, z-wave and DSC-alarm wired, that can be used with HS3 virtual devices and timers. Since motion sensors only report motion in set time intervals this may complicate the above objective and create inaccurate tracking and report results.

Does anyone have something like this and is it working well for you? If so, can you provide details on how you have this set up?

Example use case: You put your home in vacation mode (virtual device), which specific HS events will use. A business or someone you know is caring for your home and/or pets while you are away in vacation mode. You want to monitor and report the interior rooms they are going into and how much time is spent in these rooms.
    I use the Ecolink motion sensors (most accurate to me) and create events that are based on how long the motion sensor has NOT detected motion. I also use DSC sensors, but the Ecolink has better range.

http://www.amazon.com/Ecolink-Z-Wave.../dp/B00FB1TBKS
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X