Everspring ST814-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everspring ST814-2

I have a new Everspring ST814-2 Temp and Humidity sensor/controller.

I've read through the included manual multiple times and searched the boards. Maybe I'm in over my head but I can't seem to figure out how to set the various parameters to configure it. (i.e. status transmission, temp and humidity transmission interval, etc)

I know its a battery device and is therefore 'asleep' until it is programmed to wakeup and transmit data. I can't figure out if I program it from the device buttons on the device, or have to wake it up somehow so i can talk to it through the Homeseer interface?

I don't think this should be that hard, any help is greatly appreciated.

thank,
    Joe

Did you ever figure this out? I am having a similar problem, (I inherited the devices so they are functioning). Would like to ping the device to get the settings so I can understand how it is setup but it gives an error that it needs to be awake. I have tried pushing the buttons, taken the batteries in/out to no avail.

Comment

Pushing the °C °F / circling arrows button, 2nd button from the left, 3 times in 2 seconds causes the device to wake up for zwave communications. You may need to do this many times during inclusion, exclusion, scanning, and parameter retrieval and configuration.
      Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
      Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
      Number of Devices: 633
      Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.54.0: BLBackup
      2.0.40.0: BLLAN
      3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
      30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
      3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
      3.0.0.87: weatherXML
      3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

Thanks, that worked! BTW - As installed, it has a child device named "notification" and I don't see what that is or how to configure in the manual. Have any idea what it is and how to set it up?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Notifications.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	1441755

Comment

Not sure. I do not use the notification for anything.

In looking at my logs, that gets turned on after the following:
          Code:
          01:12:56:5717:[Z-Wave]->Home Z-Net: Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 64
          01:12:56:5864:[Z-Wave]->Home Z-Net: Wake-Up Notification Processing for Node 64 (1st Floor Garage Garage Refrigerator - Root Node 64)
          01:12:56:5893:[SDJ-Health]->Wake-Up Device #209 added to message queue for processing.  (#209 is the root device)
          01:12:56:6729:[Z-Wave]->Home Z-Net: Z-Wave Wake-Up 'No More Info' Notification sent to Node 64(1st Floor Garage Garage Refrigerator - Root Node 64).
          01:12:56:8275:[Z-Wave]->Device: 1st Floor Garage Garage Refrigerator - Notification Set to Notification ON for Type 1, Level 1
          Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
          Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
          Number of Devices: 633
          Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
          2.0.54.0: BLBackup
          2.0.40.0: BLLAN
          3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
          30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
          3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
          3.0.0.87: weatherXML
          3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

I'm having problems including the ST814-2. It will not add the temp and humidity child devices. The error I get is "Sensor report not received". Anybody see this or know how to address it?

Here is the log:

Add Node started...
            Activate the 'Add to Network' function on the device...
            A new node is being added...
            Adding a new SLAVE NODE...
            DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.
            Done. Node 50 Added.
            Reloading (importing) node information...
            Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
            Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
            Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 50, ID: 96=60H (Everspring), Type: 6=6H, ID: 1=1H
            Node: 50 Supports Class(es): SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V8, MULTI_CHANNEL_V3, VERSION, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, ASSOCIATION, WAKE_UP, BATTERY, CONFIGURATION, BASIC_V2, NOTIFICATION_V6
            Node 50 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 3.52 App: 2.1
            Warning: Node 50, EndPoint=1 Multilevel Sensor Report was not received (B) - the child device will NOT be configured properly.
            Warning: Node 50, EndPoint=2 Multilevel Sensor Report was not received (B) - the child device will NOT be configured properly.
            Node 50 supports the Wake-Up Command Class Version 2 - Capabilities were retrieved successfully.
            All associations for node 50 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1, 2.
            Root Node Device Node 50 Z-Wave Everspring Multilevel Sensor was created for node 50 on network E232ACF8
            Main House: Adding association for Z-Wave device Node 50 Z-Wave Everspring Multilevel Sensor (Node 50, Group 1) to HomeSeer
            Programming device Node 50 Z-Wave Everspring Multilevel Sensor (50) to send wake-up notifications to HomeSeer.
            2 out of 2 Child devices of node 50 were created successfully.
            Finished.
            Saving network information to file: PalomarHouse_E232ACF8_2023-02-08_08.04.47.zwave. Please wait...
            Done!

Comment

Rob, I had a similar issue with another type device. Try installing using the unsecured install in zwave. If it still fails after that, I have found by uninstalling the current Zwave and installing the Z wave legacy option, that all my troublesome devices were added just fine. I used the Zwave Legacy 3.0.10.0 version. Just a suggestion based on my recent experience. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I am using 3.0.10.0. Tried the Add/Include a Node Non Secure but there was no difference, (same warning messages and child devices still not installed). I am having the same problem with 2 units so I don't think the unit is the problem. Strange since this seems to be a relatively prolific device, (the ST814), and also that it was working previously before I removed/excluded them, (which I did because I was moving to a different network).

Comment

Sorry to hear that Rob. Maybe someone else can offer a solution for you. I would also continue to try a different version of Zwave and see if you have any luck.

Comment

Originally posted by robmacartney View Post
                    Thanks for the feedback. I am using 3.0.10.0. Tried the Add/Include a Node Non Secure but there was no difference, (same warning messages and child devices still not installed). I am having the same problem with 2 units so I don't think the unit is the problem. Strange since this seems to be a relatively prolific device, (the ST814), and also that it was working previously before I removed/excluded them, (which I did because I was moving to a different network).
                    Try upgrading to beta 3.0.11.0. There are all sorts of problems introduced in 3.0.10.0 that were fixed in 3.0.11.0.
                    Steve

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Steve. Any issues or concerns with 3.0.11.0? (I have not used any of the beta versions in the past so not sure how stable they are).

Comment

Originally posted by robmacartney View Post
                        Thanks for the feedback Steve. Any issues or concerns with 3.0.11.0? (I have not used any of the beta versions in the past so not sure how stable they are).
                        I haven’t had any problems with 11. I had problems including a couple of devices in 10 and I have seen others report similar issues. They were all sorted by updating to 11. The same fixes as 11 seemed to be incorporated in the version 4.x plugin but I have resisted that route for now on my production system.

Steve

Comment

OK, thanks. I'll go ahead and give 11 a shot. Regarding 4.x, I read somewhere that it does not support scene controllers, of which I have 30+ so I think I will be stuck on legacy plug-in forever. -(

Comment

Just following up to confirm upgrading to 11 fixed the issues. Thanks for the help!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X