Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device Parameters - Where are they listed

Hi,

I am submitting to the z-wave forum as my devices are z-wave. I see references in many threads to using device parameters for setting various device attributes eg. indicator status on cooper scene controllers (which I would like to do) and selecting different sounds on the Aeon Labs doorbell, etc....

I can see options for changing this parameters through events, but there seems to be no central listing of what the parameters control and the control values.

Where do I find the programming controls for each device including parameters without having to spend considerable time hunting and pecking through the threads on the forum in the hope somebody else has found an answer.

Mnay thanks,

Steve

typically they are included with the documentation that came with your device. There is no standard.
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Like Bill said, you will have to find the engineering specs for each device. Sometimes they are packaged with the device and sometimes not. If you have an Aeon device Christopher Cheng sent me this link, where you can find any of their devices.

https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support...ers/6000209471

If you have another device, post the model and brand and someone here may have it.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thank you for the Info

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the information, you confirmed my worst fears in that it depends upon if the vendor supplies this information and how much detail they provide.

I am used to working with and integrating systems where each component comes with highly detailed specs and worksheets. I have been pulling together home automation for about a year and find it frustrating that I spend considerable time hunting for information that I am used to having in a comprehensive manual and a software coding system where context functionality is built in.

Steve

Comment

Working...
        X