Removing Dead Z-Wave Node from Z-Net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing Dead Z-Wave Node from Z-Net

How do I remove a dead node from HS3? I'm using the z-net interface. What happens to the HS device when the node is removed from the z-net? if teh device is removed as well, what about any events that reference that device?

Thanks

--------
    Denny

I found this...

Click on any other working node and go to the Z-Wave Tab. From there, select the node number of the dead node, then click Remove Node. If that works for you, then remove the device from HS.

Being fairly new to Z-wave, I'm hoping this process prevents any issue with respect to events/devices... Have not tested yet.

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Warning, not for the faint of heart:
      In the past, I've also hand edited an exported save of my network.
      Then imported that back in - this cleared up some REALLY strange things I was seeing (where nodes were kind of there, but not, and did work, but didn't...hard to explain).

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by carletondm View Post
        How do I remove a dead node from HS3? I'm using the z-net interface. What happens to the HS device when the node is removed from the z-net? if teh device is removed as well, what about any events that reference that device?

Thanks

--------
        Denny
        Do an import on the zwave tab, that will create a device, probably named "Sigma...".
        Then go into that device and on the Z-Wave tab click "Remove".
        Sometimes it gives that message but has really removed it.
        To check, restart the interface from the function menu, or disable and re-enable the plugin,
        then go to the node info page and see if its gone. If so, you can then delete the device.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X