Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Leviton switches turn "off" but not "on"

Hello,
    I have the original Z-Wave Leviton switches connected to a Z-Troller. I used to use Homeseer version 2 with no issues, but since upgrading to version 3 I am unable to turn on the light switches. The dimmer's seem to turn on using the dimmer but the light switches wont turn on. They do turn off, meaning if I go turn the light on from the switch then use Homeseer to turn it off, it works.

Any ideas? I've tried optimizing a few times now.

Thank you

Which specific models of switches and dimmers do you have? I use all Leviton for my lighting and they worked fine for me with HS3 and a ztroller, although I switched to a znet a few months ago. Can you post a screen shot of the Status Graphics tabs from a dimmer and switch? Anything in the log when you try it? Which firmware version on the ztroller and which version of HS3 and the zwave plugim are you using?

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by bradhs View Post
      Any ideas? I've tried optimizing a few times now.

Thank you
      A few things to try
      • Rescan the switch. Then try again.
      • Delete the switch from the device management screen and then do a Z-Wave controller import. This will recreate the HomeSeer device for the switch. Then try again.
      • Remove the switch from your Z-Wave network. Then Include it again. Then try again.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Here's what I see in the logs:

May-26 20:27:16 Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Node 62 Z-Wave Kitch Counter Lights

May-26 20:27:08 Device Control Device: Node 62 Z-Wave Kitch Counter Lights to On (255) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

May-26 20:26:34 Z-Wave Device: Node 62 Z-Wave Leviton Switch Binary Node 62 Set to 0

May-26 20:26:33 Device Control Device: Node 62 Z-Wave Leviton Switch Binary Node 62 to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

This is happening with all the switches. The dimmers are working perfectly, I have a lot of both.

Comment

Originally posted by bradhs View Post
          Here's what I see in the logs:

May-26 20:27:16 Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Node 62 Z-Wave Kitch Counter Lights

May-26 20:27:08 Device Control Device: Node 62 Z-Wave Kitch Counter Lights to On (255) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

May-26 20:26:34 Z-Wave Device: Node 62 Z-Wave Leviton Switch Binary Node 62 Set to 0

May-26 20:26:33 Device Control Device: Node 62 Z-Wave Leviton Switch Binary Node 62 to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

This is happening with all the switches. The dimmers are working perfectly, I have a lot of both.
          Did you try any of my suggestions? Also, post your support profile so we know what version of the software and plug-ins you're running.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi macromark, yes, I tried those, didn't work. I ordered a Z-NET, supposed to arrive tomorrow. The dimmers work great OFF, ON, dim.

Current Date/Time: 5/27/2016 9:04:27 AM
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.280
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
            System Uptime: 2 Days 1 Hour 20 Minutes 28 Seconds
            Number of Devices: 52
            Number of Events: 2
            Available Threads: 800
            Enabled Plug-Ins
            3.0.1.80: Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
            X