ZWave Controller Hangs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZWave Controller Hangs

Hi all. I have an UZB zwave.me stick that, when it works, works fine.
    I can see the blue led that quickly flashes when I send a command to a device and the device moves the shutters (Qubino Flush Shutter).

The problem starts when, for some reason, the command is not handled/received from the destination device, the led on the UZB remains turned on for more the 50 seconds (53 exactly), during this time I can't send any new command until the led turned off...so it stuck for about 1 minute!
    The same thing happens when trying to fully optimize the network, at the first device that cannot be reached the UZB hangs with the blue led on and so the next devices cannot be optimized until 1 minute is passed.
    I tried a full optimization of the network for more than 4 times, optimizing node by node, setting the routes manually.....sometimes it works (very fast), sometimes it hangs for 1 minute (command not received by the device because the shutters doesn't move).

I have noticed that the UZB (primary controller) has a large list of neighbors including nodes that are currently turned off. So the full optimization....optimizes the nodes but not the neighbours of the primary controller? May this be related to the problem or is it an UZB/HS problem? How can I remove the "ghost" neighbors in the primary controller?

Any hints are apreciated.
    Thanks.

What do you mean when you say you have neighbours that are turned off? Are these Z-Wave devices that are no longer powered at all? (Whether by battery or unplugged from mains power?). These could definitely cause lag as the controller tries to reach them.

If they still physically exist then per them up and use the plugin functions to remove them. If not, leu me know and I'll give you another suggestion
    Nicolai L

Comment

The devices are currently not connected to mains power (the electrical system is under construction) but are configured in homeseer and added to the primary controller. I will turn them on as soon as the mains power is available.
      I thought that with the network optimization the unavailable nodes would be automatically stripped off from the routes. So I thought wrong! If there are nodes which are not involved in routes, they are contacted anyway from the primary controller because are neighbors. Right? (btw: no active polling for these turned off devices)

The problem is that when I first configured the devices one by one, I placed them very close to the controller so the controller adds all them as neighbors. Now the devices were placed in their location so most of them are not in range of the controller (need routes) and some other are unplugged from mains, but the UZB lists all these nodes as neighbors.

Why are these nodes listed as neighbors of the primary controller if they are no longer in range? Is it normal?

Thank you for your help and clarifications.

Comment

I would backup your interface, reset it and then restore the backup. All your node IDs will be retained, but the routing table will be erased and you will need to re-optimize. Once your powered off devices are turned back on, optimize them individually and then do a full optimize.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Tried to restore the backup: Unsupported version of UZB detected, only supports 5.2 and 5.4, version is 5.1...

Is there a way to update the UZB firmware without install the entire ZWave.me stuff?
          Where can I found the 5.4 files, I have seen only 5.2 version on the ZWave.me site? Is it safe for this HW update to 5.4? (without lose the devices in the controller)

Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X