Z-Wave Thermostat Differences - HS2 vs. HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Thermostat Differences - HS2 vs. HS3

I recently upgraded our HVAC system and installed Z-Wave thermostats for the first time. In this case, I used 3 Trane XL524 units. Everything works great and I've been happy so far. Up until now, I've used HS2 and am now upgrading to HS3. However, I've noticed a difference with the way the respective Z-Wave plug-ins talk to these thermostats. Aside from the obvious format differences in the data reported (HS3 seems to be a good bit clearer), the biggest difference is in the reporting of the actual room temperature. In HS2, you see a whole number (69 or 72 for instance), whereas in HS3, you get a fractions (68.7 or 72.3). Obviously the XL524 T-stats can push data out in fractions, but is there a way to tweak HS2 to display them??

No in HS2 these were processed by the Z-Wave plugin as integers not doubles.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Interesting... I have an XL624 which only updates as integer...

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
      X