Aeon Labs z stick and Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeon Labs z stick and Homeseer

OK, two days have passed and I am unable to get HS 3 to connect and add the motion sensors as a new node.

These are GoControl zwave Motion sensors. These run at 908.42 mhz with a range of 100 feet. These are brand new and have not been used. However, I did remove them via the zwave dialog.

Using the Homeseer dialog, I am selecting the ADD NODE drop down option, then going to the motion sensor and using a paper clip to hold down the inclusion mode switch. Homeseer then continues to tell me to put the node in inclusion mode and then finally times out. I have the motion sensor right next to the zstick plugged into the HS computer. The Red LED slowly blinks on the motion sensor to confirm its in inclusion mode.

I have updated the firmware on the z stick and updated Homeseer to the latest version.

1. Should I be using one of the other options to add the node?
    2. Is it possible that using a android tablet web browser could be a problem?

____________________________________________________________ _
    UPDATE: I was able to very easily add a door sensor. There seems to be something with this motion sensor that is specific to this issue.

UPDATE 2: Another Door sensor failed to add, so I tried another one and it added no problem. The first Door Sensor is showing battery at 0% and the second shows battery at 50%. It may be that the batteries are too weak to be viewable on the network. Im going to buy new batteries and see if this resolves the problem.
    Last edited by dcjohnston; July 30, 2016, 11:32 AM.

OK l figured it out

These gocontrol devices that will not add, there is a tamper switch on the inside. I was able to add the motion sensor by tapping on this while the homeseer add node iso executing. I literally just kept tapping on it and homeseer recognized the device.

Hope this helps someone

Comment

Working...
    X