Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Network-wide inclusion not working with Leviton VRMX1-1LZ and SmartStick+?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network-wide inclusion not working with Leviton VRMX1-1LZ and SmartStick+?

I just got up and running with Z-Wave for the first time (SmartStick+ on HomeSeer 3.0 with the HS Z-Wave plugin; all devices are Leviton VRMX1-1LZ dimmers).

I've gotten to the farther reaches of my house and can no longer Include a device on the network; the device I'm trying to add is about 15'-20' from the closest device that I was able to include. At this point we're maybe 60'+ feet from the stick (unfortunately located in a corner of the house) so I wouldn't be surprised if it can't directly see the stick, but I figure with network-wide inclusion this should work.

Is there a way to diagnose whether network-wide inclusion is active or not, and whether my devices support it or not?

They're listed as ZDK 4.54.2 on the node information page so I feel they ought to...

Thanks,
    -robin

Just curious, did you exclude the device first before including it to the network? If it's new sometimes they aren't properly excluded when they ship. Does it let you exclude it but just not include?

Comment

I'm fairly certain I did try it but it didn't seem to make the difference. Either way, with my alternate solution (see next paragraph) it worked right off the bat.

I ended up buying another SmartStick+ and a dirt-cheap USB-over-CAT6 extender for use on my house's existing CAT6 runs. This seems to work reliably and allowed me to locate the second SmartStick+ about 80' away from the first one.

HomeSeer seems to be handling this well for device inclusion, although device exclusion might be a bit horked (it seems to try to exclude on the wrong device) - if anyone from the HS3 crew sees this and is interested, I can provide a higher-quality bug report.

Comment

I haven't seen the exclusion behavior youre describing, but I can confirm that network wide inclusion doesn't work for sh** with this exact same setup that I have. I have ~10 Leviton dimmers and I've had to include all of them within a couple feet of my SmartStick+

Originally posted by robin5mi View Post
        I'm fairly certain I did try it but it didn't seem to make the difference. Either way, with my alternate solution (see next paragraph) it worked right off the bat.

I ended up buying another SmartStick+ and a dirt-cheap USB-over-CAT6 extender for use on my house's existing CAT6 runs. This seems to work reliably and allowed me to locate the second SmartStick+ about 80' away from the first one.

HomeSeer seems to be handling this well for device inclusion, although device exclusion might be a bit horked (it seems to try to exclude on the wrong device) - if anyone from the HS3 crew sees this and is interested, I can provide a higher-quality bug report.

Comment

Working...
        X