Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the proper way to add a secondary Z-Wave controller to HS3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the proper way to add a secondary Z-Wave controller to HS3?

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect my Wink Hub as a secondary Z-Wave controller but not having much luck. I had it working fine with the ISY994 but HS3 isn't going too well.

The way I've done it before, as well as read online at least to add it to Vera, is to put the primary (being HS3) into inclusion mode, then on Wink go to Learning Mode. I do this, and it says new controller found and adds it, and creates Wink Static Controller which has no status, then Application Status, which says "Status was reset" and then Barrier Operation, which status shows Closed, and has controls for "Open" and "Close". Not sure what those ones are, but either way the Wink never adds all my Z-Wave devices.

When I did it like this on the ISY994, as well as read people talking about doing it with Vera and each time the Wink pulls all the Z-Wave, but whenever I try this with HS3 they never do.

Do I need to do something special on HS3? Thanks!

bump... anyone?

Comment

I can't speak for a Wink hub, but I have a Comfort alarm that acts as a secondary controller.
      To include that I set HS to 'Send network information to another controller'. That worked for me.

Comment

Working...
      X